Notices

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
UPDATE III (28.10.2008)
Version 3.0.3-3 of Erminig is now available in extras! More informations here
I strongly encourage the upgrade, as it fixes many nasty bugs!

UPDATE II (24.08.2008)
Version 0.3.2-3 of Erminig is now available in extras! More informations here

UPDATE I 1/2 (19.08.2008)

Version 0.3.2-1 of Erminig is available in extras-devel. More informations in this post...
Another announce will be made as soon as Erminig 0.3.2 will hit maemo-extras, for its general availability.
-------------------------------
UPDATE I (02.07.2008)

Version 0.3.1 of Erminig is now available. Informations about this release are in this post!

-------------------------------
I'm pleased to announce that Erminig version 0.3.0 has just been released on Garage: http://garage.maemo.org/projects/erminig and http://erminig.garage.maemo.org (the "official" homepage).

Erminig is a python tool designed to perform two-ways synchronizations between Google Calendar and GPE-Calendar.

This is the first release after the handover from the original author, David Hautbois.

The changelog for this version include:

- Fixed icon sizes
- Added command-line mode (for easier integration into scripts)
- Major code cleanup (still under way...)
- Misc. bug fixes

Please not that there aren't any changes related to the synchronization algorithms: these are left for the next release, since the goal of version 0.3.0 was to familiarize myself with the new code, the Garage interface, packaging procedures and to fixe some show-stopper bugs.

Installation should be straightforward (you can download Erminig and its required dependency pysqlite) from https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=702 .
User documentation can be found on Erminig home page.

I take this opportunity to also announce that a new mailing list has been created: erminig-users, used for discussion about Erminig.

Feel free to discuss Erminig in this thread, or in the mailiing list! I'm of course open to all suggestions and bug reports!

Last edited by lorelei; 2008-10-28 at 19:25. Reason: Update to version 0.3.2

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Fantastic! Well done!

It is awesome. Thank you.

Warning- N810 mistakenly capitalizes the first letter of your password and hides it with a "*", so beware, retype the first letter of your password, and backspace over the capitalized one!

...and now to automate via command line.......

Is there a paypal where I can throw a few bucks???

dcarter

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dcarter For This Useful Post:
Hello - just got GPE-calendar and erminig (the older version obviously) installed over the weekend, really pleased with the package so far.

Question: is there support in the new version for auto-sync'ing each day? If there is not built in support, is there a generalised way to run cron jobs to periodically run tasks, and if so can erminig be driven off the command line? Or can anyone suggest a way to have the two calendars auto-sync'd periodically e.g. daily?

TIA
Paul (definitely just a user, haven't developed for about 10y!)

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
You should be able to set up something to automatically sync all profiles using cron. Download and install cron from this thread, and create a crontab with:
Code:
0 0 * * * erminig --all-profiles
That will sync all erminig profiles every night at midnight.

I haven't tried this, but from what I understand, it should work fine. Just remember to reboot after you create the crontab file.

Last edited by TrueJournals; 2008-06-25 at 01:12.

Originally Posted by dcarter View Post
Warning- N810 mistakenly capitalizes the first letter of your password and hides it with a "*", so beware, retype the first letter of your password, and backspace over the capitalized one!
Very true...in fact this is a "feature" of OS2008...I don't know if it's possible to disable the auto-capitalization on password fields...

Originally Posted by dcarter View Post
Is there a paypal where I can throw a few bucks???
Heh, as far as I'm concerned there's no paypal for donations...and in any case I don't really feel that I would deserve donations, since the original author is David (but of course we can talk about this again, once I've added more features

Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
Code:
0 0 * * * erminig --all-profiles
That will sync all erminig profiles every night at midnight.
Yes, it is supposed to work exactly like you described! Personnally I'm not using the command line mode, so I haven't tested it with crontab, but it ought to work.

A word of caution though: there are cases where Erminig will display a dialog box even in command-line mode: the case I have in mind is when it asks for confirmation before deleting a Google event...

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
Perhaps another command line option to automatically delete all or keep all is needed? If the dialog was just shown for like six hours, would it work as expected if you use it again?

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
I can't install. pysqlite gives an error when trying to install: package missing - libsqlite0.....

Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
Perhaps another command line option to automatically delete all or keep all is needed? If the dialog was just shown for like six hours, would it work as expected if you use it again?
Yes, this is what I have planned for such cases! This will appear probably in the upcoming 0.3.1...