Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ United States
Note:
Originally Posted by dinarch View Post
For those who are facing the 'pincode problem': There seems to be an issue with the Time stamp: If your N900's clock is set early or late, the LinkedIN server will give you an error message. Simply set your N900 to the correct time and you should be able to retrieve a pincode.

Updates

July 12, 2011 v0.7
  • The focus of this update is the Jobs feature. Rough implementation to be expanded off of soon.
  • Search and bookmark jobs in the same fashion as companies

July 5, 2011 v0.6
  • Added news and stock information to the company screen. Now you can easily get information specific to that company.
  • Implemented the "Company" screen for easy access to all of the companies you follow. This is probably the most useful feature in this app so far.

July 4, 2011 v0.5
I've been stressing a little about the look and feel (or lack of a native one) for the application so development hasn't been as quick as I had hoped. But here is an update non the less.
  • Remodeled the homescreen. I was running out of room for feature icons so I decided to spice up the home screen a little.
  • features being implemented in the near future are now placeholder icons on the homescreen. Suggestions still welcome.

June 22, 2011 v0.0.2
  • Added "News" feature that uses Google News to get updates about the companies you follow on LinkedIn

June 20, 2011
  • Package is available in extras-devel

Original Announcement

A few days ago I started making a LinkedIn client that I hope will do everything everyone needs it to. I've implemented the core functionality (it's still only about 30%-40% complete) and the general look and feel. Now I'm looking for people to try it out and request features.

Before this application, I wasn't really a big LinkedIn user (and I'm still getting used to it) so I would really like to hear from some users as to what they need from this application, and I'll do my best to implement it!

Do you want to contribute?
If you're interested in the development of this app but don't have any feature ideas, you can help by connecting with me on LinkedIn (my name is Anthony Naddeo and my email is anthony.naddeo@gmail.com). The more connections I have the better I'll be able to handle the content that the app should control.

Current features are very basic at this time, but this app is no where near done.

Features
  • Get news and updates about the companies you follow
  • Completely custom interface, built from scratch in QML
  • Connect with new people as friends
  • Follow Companies
  • Search for people and companies
  • Browse connections
  • Send messages
  • Like and Comment on items
  • UI background colors taken from your current theme

Planned
  • select between different languages
  • add desktop widget and daemon
  • waiting to hear from the community

Limitations
  • No groups api!!! Very sad, but LinkedIn just hasn't gotten around it yet...
  • LinkedIn does not allow applications to read the mailbox
  • LinkedIn does not allow applications to connect as anything but friends
  • QML's XmlHttpRequest object does not support the "DELETE" type, so you can't unfollow companies yet.

I've tested it and havn't had any problems authenticating, but if something happens you can always restart the process doing these two things:
  1. Remove the application permission from your linkedin page on a browser
  2. Delete the settings file on your phone "/home/user/.config/linkedup/linkedup.conf"

Credits to:

Last edited by antman8969; 2011-07-17 at 18:30.

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to antman8969 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 476 | Thanked: 438 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
nice app but I dont now what Linkdln is

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robin92 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Good job! Cant think of an other app that works with LinkedIn on N900

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I was really waiting for this, thanks!

Originally Posted by robin92 View Post
nice app but I dont now what Linkdln is
lol It's alright, I didn't either until a few months ago when I was applying for an internship and they asked if I had one.

Think Facebook, but geared towards professional career building instead of purely socializing.

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
I was really waiting for this, thanks!
Thanks. And remember to request anything you think is missing!

Thanks - good for watching what's doing in account :-) Linking with others new connections would be good

Thanks for this, had been searching online for any app for LinkedIn. Would test and note any additional tips to aid your kind work.

The Following User Says Thank You to msaalli For This Useful Post:
bump for import into extras-devel. hopefully get some more testers

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
Thanks for the app. Trying it right now. Only thing I would really like is connecting as colleagues but if its a linkedin limitation then I guess I'll have to live with that

A possible feature would be to be able to choose which profile to show as you can have more than one in different languages. I don't have more than one nor do most of my friends seem to so I can not test if the feature is already there

Ps. It looks better in black :P

Originally Posted by FarmerF View Post
Thanks for the app. Trying it right now. Only thing I would really like is connecting as colleagues but if its a linkedin limitation then I guess I'll have to live with that

A possible feature would be to be able to choose which profile to show as you can have more than one in different languages. I don't have more than one nor do most of my friends seem to so I can not test if the feature is already there

Ps. It looks better in black :P
lol I agree. It takes the color from the currently selected theme. I was using the stock digital nature one when I took the pics above, then I switched to fringe and was pleasantly surprised with my app

Definitely a doable feature, I'll add it to the list above. I'm going to upload a new version soon that has a "News" feature... we'll see how that works!