Active Topics

Hello Together,
I bougth a new Nokia n9 which is (as the seller said) new. Good I'm not believing that because of all the changes in software that have been present as I used the first time.
Also I realized that it have to be from china or some sort of country with weird letters because there have been some chinese apps and so on.

Now I realized that I probably have issues with my proximity sensor, as my screen goes black and locked while phone calls.

I read a bit and decided to reflash at all, now I needed the product code. And it's going to be weird:
  • SimTray: 059L659
  • Barcode (ProductInfo in Menu): 059K164
So if I check my imei, online with imei.info (don't know how good or valid this site is), it seems to be an n9. The product code of simtray is nowhere on the internet. Cannot find the files for flashing. The product code of the barcode leads (if I believe in http://skeiron.org/firmware/N9/40.2012.21.3/ ) me to a cyan n9, but mine is black. Ok I think the case colour might not be relevant, but maybe the productcode in software have been wrong also?

Do anyone know the weird product code of the simtray? Any Ideas how to find the correct software version?

BR Daniel

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
Thats rather weird. All I know is the case color is completely irrelevant.

There is one thing more: I guess the product code in software is maybe depending on the software flashed on the device?! So maybe that is the wrong variant for my device?

BR

someone flashed your device using 059K164 variant(NDT CHINA CYAN 16GB) while the original (sim tray) is 059L659

yes probably, but I can't find the image binaries for 059L659. also no other infos in the internet to this product code.
Someone informations what this product code means or where I can get the software for it?

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Are you absolutely sure about what you read on the simtray?
E.g. if instead if would be a 059J659, it could be a 'Cambodia Laos black 16GB' variant.

The sim-tray might not be the original. I think the box should have the original product code on no?

Don't know how to display the product code on the phone as its not in a "About" section of the phone!

Originally Posted by minimos View Post
Are you absolutely sure about what you read on the simtray?
E.g. if instead if would be a 059J659, it could be a 'Cambodia Laos black 16GB' variant.
I'm sure that it's an L and not a J!

Is the productcode on the box? Where?

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
It looks like a refurbished unit, whose case has been swapped (and probably that's the reason the simtray code is invalid - Dexined in Finland, anyone?)

This kind of behavor is well known from N900 days. I don't know if CAL might still have the original product code, but if you can in any way verify my theory I would suggest returning the phone for a refund. You can still buy new N9's unlike N900's where I'd say keep it and cross your fingers, as new ones are hard (if not impossible) to find

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by Nad View Post
The sim-tray might not be the original. I think the box should have the original product code on no?

Don't know how to display the product code on the phone as its not in a "About" section of the phone!
On the box there is no product code,
BUT in the settings / about there is the QR code (holding IMEI and product code). So to verify just scan the code with another capable device. Or make a photo with any other camera and scan with your N9 itself (MeeScan).
And you will see what is stored on your CAL.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature