Hello, and thanks for reading.

I'm moving to Android and will get the new HTC One S next week.

How can I transfer my messages (sms, mms) to the new phone?

I would like to keep the discussions/threads in the same way as they appear on N9.

Thanks a lot!!!

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
no way. forget.

I don't get why you people have to rate down this thread, just because it's not pro-MeeGo, or because you don't have an answer to his question. He was asking a legitimate question. He isn't trolling. He isn't spamming either. Grow up, and stop acting like dorks.

Anyway, sorry Pirvokkula. The only way I can think of is by transferring your sms messages to your sim card, then transfer it from your sim to your new phone. However, I am not sure if you can do that on your N9. Best of luck!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lifeintheblitz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
just there are no complex solutions for that.
you can try if only have some programming skills. if not - no luck.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
you can use smsbackuprestore from http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83166 to export the smses in a single file (they will be arranged in a threaded view).

then import this file in android. i'm sure there must be utilities to allow it to be imported in android.

Thank you for your answers! No simple solution was found as I googled for hours.

thedead1440, I'll try that.

Currently I'm transferring my messages to Nokia E6 (Symbian Belle) via Bluetooth using the "Switch phone" utility Belle has to offer. If everything goes right and the thread view still exists (ie. no info is lost during the transfer) I'll be hopefully able to transfer everything to Android ICS via app called "Nokia2AndroidSMS".

Lets see what happens.

Another possible method might be to sync the messages to old Ovi Suite (3.0.290 supports N9) and then somehow transfer them to ICS.

I'll post my results here!!