Notices

Hey Folks,

I'm using Facebook as my main social network to stay in contact with my friends, family, etc.

The Facebook chat is very well integrated into the Maemo communication system - this is definitely very nice and usefull. But the Facebook Widget is very minimalistic and only a small icon is showing up when a new regular message (not chat message) was received via Facebook.

Is there another way to get informed about a new message in my Facebook inbox or do I have to watch out for this really small icon? Maybe there's another facebook app you can recommend that has some more notification features? The only other app I heard of was Facebrick and I read that it isn't very good either.

Any hints?

Thanks
champus

Tie your Facebook account to a Push email (e.g. Gmail or Nokia Messaging) and set it so that you get an email when a message is received. This email account does not have to be your sign-in email, you can have an additional "notification" email address!

That's what I have (Gmail) and I get an instant email notification in my email inbox whenever I get a message/request

Ah yes, good idea! Thanks.

Short question. What about these google services (mail, calendar). I heard rumors some years ago that my data is viewable to other people (not Google itself) when I'm using these services? I accept that google can use my contents for making statistics or personal advertisments, but what is with others being able to search through my stuff? I know that this is offtopic but some information about that would be interesting.