Notices

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Sweden
Sounds more that champus is the scriptkid but want's to flame others O_o
But hey, I was just asking nicely and polite until this kiddie came in here and begun to scream like a little girl...

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ The Great White North
Hello,

I believe y'all are talking about two different apps. Kismet is a Wardriving app Jigle is a Wardrive MAPPING app. Subtle difference, but it's a difference. Nonetheless, both apps take a bit of learning. I believe Pontus that you want something like Jigle that uses Tiger maps. Using Kismet to get the data and Jigle to put the points on a map. Jigle uses Java and it's a supreme pain to use. I got it working and then re-formatted my N900 to wipe out everything. I have not heard of any projects on this subject for the N900, but there are a few for Linux.

Cheers

Electrolind

Originally Posted by electrolind View Post
Hello,

I believe y'all are talking about two different apps. Kismet is a Wardriving app Jigle is a Wardrive MAPPING app. Subtle difference, but it's a difference. Nonetheless, both apps take a bit of learning. I believe Pontus that you want something like Jigle that uses Tiger maps. Using Kismet to get the data and Jigle to put the points on a map. Jigle uses Java and it's a supreme pain to use. I got it working and then re-formatted my N900 to wipe out everything. I have not heard of any projects on this subject for the N900, but there are a few for Linux.

Cheers

Electrolind
Ahhhh! Finaly one that gets the fact straight

But the Kismet version will prob do this with the GPS fix. But it would be better if it will point it all out on a map just like you are talking about =)

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ The Great White North
I'm sorry, I should have mentioned this in my last post. If you are interested in various projects, you could check out wardriving.com, A great resource for wardriving software that works on Linux.

Cheers

Electrolind

Originally Posted by PontusOhman View Post
Oh no!! FACEPALM on you, you little tw*t!
Blah blah blah... What kind of person are you? 9 years old and did you get your mobilephone from the cornflakes package?

Fr*aking m*ron!

The GUI I was asking about is, OSM or Google Maps. But that's prob stuffs you never heard about O_o
I shall inform you from the miners in Chile that they've found your level.

Well. I didn't want to be impolite - never wanted to be impolite to yours. But as you can see, I don't know why there always has to be a GUI. With kismet (and yes, it _has_ a nice ui, you don't need an gui, the whole console-based frontend is the best possible user interface in my oppinion) there is no need for some other app. Scans networks, can save gps-data, informs you about open / wep'd / wpa'd networks and so on.

But in fact, there are only few ppl that don't do wardriving without criminal background. No matter - I do it every day, so that was no complaint.

It's fine with CLi but I think more ppl would be wardriving if it was a GUI with a map, buttons and all stuffs like that

No there wouldn't be.

Wardriving for fun, is dead for the majority of people who started doing it 10 years ago. Myself included.

If a "GUI with a map, buttons and all stuffs" is what you want to wardrive with, I'm glad it doesn't exist. Frankly, it should take LEARNING a skill to do something.

Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
I'm glad it doesn't exist. Frankly, it should take LEARNING a skill to do something.
Seconded. There are tools (vs. toys) available for those with the prerequisite skills to use them properly. Providing a point-and-drool -interface to those that lack the skills is not a good idea, it only enables people to play with stuff they do not properly understand and potentially cause all sorts of trouble for themselves and others.

Now, wardriving for fun and "cool-factor" might be a benign activity in almost everyones eyes (some lawmakers seem to disagree however... Maybe it's because telling the ones just looking for benign fun apart from those that have "other motives" is kinda hard and the benign-fun-seekers are a diminishing minority) but doing it with an app that any idiot can use seriously detracts from the cool-factor (if it takes zero "skillz" then what is the cool-factor ?) and the fun gets old really quickly (you're not looking for poorly secured networks to exploit in one way or another for whatever reasons. Or are you ? [but then it won't be for benign fun anymore...]).

What is it with some ppl theese days

Yeah, I also did wardriving about 10 years ago so what! But forget that I asked about this, all I get back is some wining from ppl that don't understand better...