Active Topics

Over here most people use 802.11 n/g/b and the problem is not with dropouts but with reception sensitivity. N9 can't detect weak wi-fi networks while other phones can detect, connect and surf. The problem is not router settings but the N9 itself.

very bad news, i always used my N900 with wifi, and if the N9 have such a bad sensitive wifi antena really sucks very bad, not only will make web surfing horrible, but pentesting horrible too and other applications that depends on wifi

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Made a bug that is similar to this.. It's on a N950 but still. Vote up if you feel this is happens for you too.. http://www.developer.nokia.com/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=501

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by -Tyler- View Post
very bad news, i always used my N900 with wifi, and if the N9 have such a bad sensitive wifi antena really sucks very bad, not only will make web surfing horrible, but pentesting horrible too and other applications that depends on wifi
If you have decent wi-fi signal where you normally use, it should not be a problem. The problem is with marginal areas.

Signal is really bad for wifi.
But beyond excellent for 3G

Good news is that wifi is still fast with 0 bars. If you move 1 metre away, it just drops the connection though. I think it may just be a glitch.

Can anyone please test the wifi tethering to see the performance in ad hoc/tether mode? Thanks, want to know if it is both ways or just one way issue in switching. Mine is currently on order.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
Another "WON'T FIX"?
Even worse: it will be "FIXED in WP8"

Originally Posted by Maemomd View Post
Can anyone please test the wifi tethering to see the performance in ad hoc/tether mode? Thanks, want to know if it is both ways or just one way issue in switching. Mine is currently on order.
You mean wi-fi hotspot? The wi-fi hotspot function is very stable.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
If you have decent wi-fi signal where you normally use, it should not be a problem. The problem is with marginal areas.
That's not the case with my N950 with Beta2 firmware.
I have strong signal all over my house and office and I can barely make the N950 connect to WiFi.
That much that I totally removed it and am using 3G all the time (luckily I've got unlimited data).

The same WiFi signal is pretty strong (full bars on all other WiFi devices, laptops) and still the N950 can't connect or looses signal after a bit.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Don't believe they use exactly the same radio though do they?
N9 is likely to use wl1273 or wl1273l
http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/wtb...emplateId=6123
Then there's the antenna build, & how the signal escapes the enclosure etc.
Not really even worthwhile using the N950 as a basis for how N9 does/doesn't perform.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post: