Uh so HOW does one enter this magical red pill mode? I kind of need to do so pronto, anyone know how?

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Open the application manager. Add a new program catalogue (this option is in the options menu). Remove "http://" from the address field and write "matrix" in there. Press Cancel. You will now be asked which pill to choose. Answer "Red".

You can answer "Blue" to get back to the original mode.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
This mode has been disabled with the new PR 1.1 firmware.

So how one who have upgrade above the firmware that enabled Red Pill activation can do so? I had big plans getting the N900 but not been able to manipulate it software wise took 90% of the fun out of it, as I already have several mobiles to use as phones this was a special treat to me.

Any one can help and if is no way aorund the new firmware can one tell me what firmware is needed to be installed on my N900 to be able activate Red Pill?

Thank you for reading this Leo.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by HardHawk View Post

So how one who have upgrade above the firmware that enabled Red Pill activation can do so? I had big plans getting the N900 but not been able to manipulate it software wise took 90% of the fun out of it, as I already have several mobiles to use as phones this was a special treat to me.

Any one can help and if is no way aorund the new firmware can one tell me what firmware is needed to be installed on my N900 to be able activate Red Pill?

The requirement that a user enter "Red Pill" mode for the tools needed to manipulate root has sort of been depreciated on the soft/firmware loaded by Nokia to your N900.

Install Rootsh v1.5 found in the repositories that are installed on a stock N900, then call up "sudo gainroot" from the terminal, and rock on.

Have all the fun you want dude...

Don't forget to write.

SLN member # 009

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by HardHawk View Post

Not being able to manipulate it software wise? How so?

App Mgr lets you enable more repos already (and extras is on my default), and you can install .deb file directly by opening it in File Manager. No need for red pill mode anymore, nothing is stopping you from doing anything further using commandline tools either. have fun with your N900 and live out your fantasies today