Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I still believe that the wiki is the place for it, but if you choose to work on the browser bookmark folder (does the browser brand matter?) why don't you upload it to a git repo, gitorious, github, or garage. It would be much easier contributing to it than binary attachments on tmo.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I still believe that the wiki is the place for it, but if you choose to work on the browser bookmark folder (does the browser brand matter?) why don't you upload it to a git repo, gitorious, github, or garage. It would be much easier contributing to it than binary attachments on tmo.
I admit (after thinking about it) that looking at how this can efficiently be done here without adding additional mess and awkwardness to the forum would be difficult if not downright impossible. As well the file size (won't end up too big but) will definitely end up becoming a prob to upload here. The garage is probably best.. As far as it working in other browser brands it should it is essentially just folders and subfolders with links inside, though I haven't tested on many. Tried to keep it as simple as possible to restrict compat. issues. I do think there is some potential here. Using members that dog-ear (bookmark) pages while looking/hunting through TMO ( I'm sure I'm not the only one ) turns us all into a "Human Search Engine" . Much better at filtering and discerning than any computer at present.
But I'm sure my idea has it's unknown issues yet to be considered.

I think that though " Master Codex" sounded cool for a title...perhaps not for this.

A better title is " THE EVERYMAN'S LA(Z)YMAN'S BROWSER-BAR BUNDLE " heh

Last edited by endsormeans; 2013-07-10 at 12:25.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
the buffalo made an impression !

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Well. submitted (my 1st project, hope I didn't muck it up) to garage.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
Well. submitted (my 1st project, hope I didn't muck it up) to garage.
Tried to approve it but probably somebody else been even faster. Anticipate problems with full functionality of the garage project, since we face & fight bugs in maemo.org internal processes, so we might need to establish stuff manually that originally should get done by scripts etc.
please ping me or merlin1991 on IRC or send a mail to him and me, if any problems show up (no RTFM problems please!)

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: