Active Topics

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
I just printed the FCC label page. The dimensions of the device correspond exactly to the size as reported on Mobilecrunch back in May. So the information there was true.
The FCC report allows to precise the battery (same as Nokia 5800), charger (microUSB, same as in other new Nokias) and headset (In-ear!).
Now I only keep wondering if the image that crept up on another site is valid, too :-) It might well be - the locations of loudspeaker and a button inthe middle of the right side match well. Only difference is the lower third (headjack vs. cover?)

Last edited by twaelti; 2009-08-08 at 14:27.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
I just printed the FCC label page. The dimensions of the device correspond exactly to the size as reported on Mobilecrunch back in May. So the information there was true.
The FCC report allows to precise the battery (same as Nokia 5800), charger (microUSB, same as in other new Nokias) and headset (In-ear!).
Now I only keep wondering if the image that crept up on another site is valid, too :-) It might well be - the locations of loudspeaker and a button inthe middle of the right side match well. Only difference is the lower third (headjack vs. cover?)
Actually the image closely resembles the second device you mentioned in the cellpassion link. Look at the side and compare it to the side of the image.... they match perfectly. SO i am inclined to believe that cell passion has the right one.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
Now I only keep wondering if the image that crept up on another site is valid, too :-)
Keyboard is way off. We know there's some degree of cursor navigation, and there's no cursor keys, and no dpad spotted on the picture.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Keyboard is way off. We know there's some degree of cursor navigation, and there's no cursor keys, and no dpad spotted on the picture.
How do you know that there is some sort of cursor? Any link to that information.

If that pic is right then the weight has reduced significantly

n810 - 225.9 gms
rover - 180 gms

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
How do you know that there is some sort of cursor? Any link to that information.
Right, one, read the good old "some time with the developer device", two, read the keyboard layouts for RX-51, xkb-data.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Compared to the n97:

N97 - 150 grams 117.2 x 55.3 x 15.9 mm

n810 - 225.9 grams 128 x 72 x 14 mm

rover - 180 g 111 x 59.7 x 18.2 mm

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Someone mentioned a dual slider. Could that be where these other controls are?

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
Oh but it is!

It's thicker than the N810, it has fewer rows on the keyboard, and has a smaller screen. Sigh. Oh well, there's still the RX-71 to come. Maybe, just maybe, it'll be better than the N810 for my needs...

Regards,
Roger
What I was thinking about is whether it is a dual slider or a single slide like the N810. If you look at some of the radiation images on the FCC documents, it looked like maybe there was a slide for the camera.

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
If you look at some of the radiation images on the FCC documents, it looked like maybe there was a slide for the camera.
The radiation tests are clearly labeled e.g. "keyboard slide open, camera slide open" so there's no doubt about that. But from the photos it looks like the camera slide on the RX-51 is just a tiny lens cover, not something that will expose more keys.

Who knows on the RX-71?

Roger

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
The radiation tests are clearly labeled e.g. "keyboard slide open, camera slide open" so there's no doubt about that. But from the photos it looks like the camera slide on the RX-51 is just a tiny lens cover, not something that will expose more keys.
Yes, when I first saw that I thought it might be a dual slider, but it is not. More or less like a N810.