Active Topics

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Berlin/Germany
hi,

I found a bug: go to portrait mode, put the N900 on a table, go in desktop edit mode (you don't need to rearrange widgets), then leave desktop edit mode while the phone lays on a table and you will see that the phone turns to landscape mode!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bitrocky For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bzbnd View Post
Bug: Tor applet menu in portrait desktop.
Yeah, camera-ui2 in CSSU + portrait hildon-desktop is interesting as well, but these aren't hildon-desktop issues specifically. I figure it will take a couple CSSU releases before most of these gotchas are worked out by developers.

In the meantime I'm so grateful for the new functionality.

The Following User Says Thank You to wumpwoast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Kerman ;ir
Hi i want this camera ui 2

may be link's camera give me?

TNX

Originally Posted by wumpwoast View Post
Yeah, camera-ui2 in CSSU + portrait hildon-desktop is interesting as well, but these aren't hildon-desktop issues specifically. I figure it will take a couple CSSU releases before most of these gotchas are worked out by developers.

In the meantime I'm so grateful for the new functionality.
What do you mean ? i just found a bug and reported this. what's the problem?

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Originally Posted by arcean View Post
There's available updated h-d pacakge: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=74980
Could you check, if you're still hitting this issue?
Installed the update yesterday and phone was much better behaved today - the phone app was always visible when moving phone away from ear etc.

One issue I do still have, and this is not PHD (Portrait Hildon Desktop) related - HD still locks up and becomes unresponsive for me. Shortcut icons and widgets do not work but can still access menus, task switcher etc. Had it since before PHD so its not related but was kind of hoping it would be fixed...

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnLF For This Useful Post:
When trying to launch auto-rotate apps (fapman, filebox, h-e-n, etc.) and preenv games, it seems like they crash (a window shows up and then closes within a few seconds). This is regardless of forcerotate being on or off. Portrait-only apps like vertsms, and also phone, contacts and sygic mobile maps work fine. No other probs with this fantastic update. I am not using CSSU though, would that have something to do with this bug? (If it is CSSU, could someone enlighten me as how CSSU affects the launching bug?) Thanks.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Bangkok
Originally Posted by ut0p14n View Post
When trying to launch auto-rotate apps (fapman, filebox, h-e-n, etc.) and preenv games, it seems like they crash (a window shows up and then closes within a few seconds). This is regardless of forcerotate being on or off. Portrait-only apps like vertsms, and also phone, contacts and sygic mobile maps work fine. No other probs with this fantastic update. I am not using CSSU though, would that have something to do with this bug? (If it is CSSU, could someone enlighten me as how CSSU affects the launching bug?) Thanks.
Same to me.

To many games crash when rotate (like Coaster Rush 3D) or display wrong Portrait (like Brain Party)
, Can not install more apps it's required more space to install.

To many thanks ,I love Hildon Portrait Mode.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by ut0p14n View Post
And all those crashing apps are QT, right? There is a QT version in CSSU fixing that crash.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Hey Guys and Girls..

I did a complete reflash a good couple of weeks ago now to just remove all my ****. Flashed with latest version Maemo V48 Kernel Speedpatch and CSSU Hildon Portrait. And well its freakin awesome! so far i have had not one issue.

I am curious tho about my Camera UI.. I understand that Media player and clock need to be remade in Qt for the portrait part. But what about the camera?

When i rotate my phone to portrait mode in camera the Picture shrinks to the top left Quarter of the screen. Has anyone else seen this?.. Do i need to upload a screen shot?...

Help would be awesome.

Thanks

Best Community I've ever lived in. Ha ha

The Following User Says Thank You to Excesv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
After install the update from 18.07 and when I play video, Media Player gives me an error "Unable to play media. media format not supported"!?

Tags
lockscreen, maemo 5