Active Topics

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Mines had uptimes of around two weeks before, though I generally like to reboot occasionally. *Shrug* While I have noticed occasional bugs that randomly crop up, I see no correlation between uptime and buggy-ness, let alone lag.

I think it's just a matter of certain programs being screwy. Ideally, whenever someone posts anything like this, they would post a list of everything they have installed on their N900's, so we could start getting a comprehensive list of programs that seem to be correlated with increased instability and/or increasing slowness with uptime.

Until people start doing that, this isn't going to get far.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
About 2 weeks is most likely my record. BT connection to my car stereo gets wonky after about a week max and a reboot solves it.

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
mine longest uptime was 6 days 7 hours and 45 mins with continious usage and without any slow downs. had to reboot to install CSSU-Thumb update yesterday.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
I think it's just a matter of certain programs being screwy. Ideally, whenever someone posts anything like this, they would post a list of everything they have installed on their N900's, so we could start getting a comprehensive list of programs that seem to be correlated with increased instability and/or increasing slowness with uptime.

I completely agree, I am certain there are buggy programs in extras.
My uptime has been in months since removing some widgets a while back.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...58#post1373958

Making a list and finding the bug(s) is not as easy as it looks.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Mines had uptimes of around two weeks before, though I generally like to reboot occasionally. *Shrug* While I have noticed occasional bugs that randomly crop up, I see no correlation between uptime and buggy-ness, let alone lag.

The characteristic n900 lag that appears after sometime is due to the way swap is kludged by nokia.

It is worth swapon, swapoff from time to time.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom, Huddersfield
Believe it or not, 75 days.
Rebooted when I finally updated cssu-thumb.

Have to reset hildon and swapon/swapoff when it slows down a bit.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AliasXZ For This Useful Post:
I've recently been filling up /tmp with Xorg.0.log and having to reboot. Not sure why it's suddenly doing this... And it's not predictable as far as I can tell...