Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by dumpystig View Post
Only time will tell...

But I very much doubt it.
not sure how that statement will hold in court, in DK, pretty sure it is clear enough. they promise support for the period of time you use the device, also software updates.
in my terms, that means they will be obliged to keep the store open, fix bugs etc. for however long you actively use the device!
gonna grab a screenshot for evidence LOL

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Yeah, I know what you mean. But you can bet Nokia will have all the legal angles covered - in their favour.

And their track record the past couple of years doesn't exactly instill much confidence - Maemo/N900 and Meego/Harmattan/N9 dropped like hot turds....

Originally Posted by HanzBlix View Post
What is this os201x you speak of?
A google search found me nothing but garbage and a link back to this post lol.
MeeGo / Harmattan is OS2011 and next version will come as OS2013

looks like the N9 still has a few nice days (years?) in front of itself...

Nokia Reverses Course, Quietly Begins Selling N9 in United States

a few excerpts...
Nokia today quietly initiated sales of the Nokia N9 in the United States. The phone joins the PureView 808 as being a non-Windows Phone being slated for sales in the American market.
[...]
factors may have driven Nokia’s about-face.

First, is difficulty in taming Windows Phone for some of the market demands. It has been all-but-confirmed by Nokia that the PureView 808′s high-resolution camera could not function properly with today’s Windows Phone platform. The instant-photo requirements of Windows Phone are very rigid, and 41 megapixel capacities likely require extreme resources from the handset. Only a real-time operating system like Symbian, now known as Nokia Belle, can handle such tasks currently.
[...]
But what does any of that have to do with the Nokia N9 launching, now?

This week, Nokia strategically timed the announcement of a US-bound PureView 808 with the CTIA technology show. It’s not a mistake that the N9 is launching stateside a day after CTIA ended.

With Nokia now admitting it needs to sell non-Windows Phone devices in the United States, in order to have a fighting chance at breaking even with technological investments in PureView superphones, the N9 then becomes okay to sell. Microsoft is not worried about the N9 being a threat to Windows Phone anymore, as the platform is now merely a skunkworks project for Nokia.

In fact, a thriving N9 actually gives more woes for smaller competitors, as it fractures the Tizen and Open webOS marketplaces, trying to be rebooted by Intel/Samsung, and HP, respectively. Still, neither Tizen nor Open webOS are on the market today. Hence, the N9 may become a haven for those looking for a sustainable, open phone environment.
[...]
read on for your own pleasure ¦-)

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
MeeGo / Harmattan is OS2011 and next version will come as OS2013
There are no other iterations of Maemo, MeeGo or Harmattan coming out that continue the OS20XX series. That's pure speculation sprinkled with hope to think otherwise.

That "MeGo" (sic) article about being sold in the US is a fake. Wrong size screen, wrong spelling on the OS... I do not believe it at all.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Finland

a few excerpts...

This is not true. Better: this is not "imported" officially.
It's more likely they have stocked some units from clearance.
Nokia.com pages for us are not displaying it as part of the portfolio.

a few excerpts...

somewhere i read that this is fake, but im not sure about it.

since amazon does not sell it anymore and a few other stores neither i was thinking about maybe getting a "backup" n9...in case mine e.g breaks.
any opionions on my thoughts?

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
There are no other iterations of Maemo, MeeGo or Harmattan coming out that continue the OS20XX series. That's pure speculation sprinkled with hope to think otherwise.

That "MeGo" (sic) article about being sold in the US is a fake. Wrong size screen, wrong spelling on the OS... I do not believe it at all.
then put on your rain boots...

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
[...]
edit: just read the thread a little bit. yes, there a far, far more N9s than N900s.
edit2: but I will completely tear apart the N950 as soon as I'll get the successor.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Why do people here still beleive Nokiafail would finally go right direction when we already knows facts that:

Nokia has removed N9 from:

Denmark
FInland
Sweden

and list probadly goes on...

and now people is stupid enought think Nokia will introduce it in US? WTF!?

Nokia is now MICROSOFTnokia! why on earth would the make N9 appear in US??? if that was the case Elop and his ashole friends would be ruined cause theyr closed source OS would sell even worse.

Btw. Meego team in finland has left the building already. There is atleast one tweet about that already...

And my guess about "next billion" is that its soon rip dead and in a half year this site is closed down in we probadly has moved on with our lifes..

And yeas I would not have said this a half yeear ago but no I finally has one conlusion about Nokia:

They have given up! and the best engineers has probadly left the building already, and hopefully we will se theyr stuff on other places.

For mee Nokia is over. Let those people like Lumiaman think ELop will success with WP. Personally I dont give a ****.

But one thing is for sure:

I beleive in QT
I believe in Ubuntu Mobile
I beleive in WebOS
I beleive in Nemo Mobile/Maemo if it gets some more contributers

The rest is just burning platforms. And Elops ashole is burning because of Ballmers c..k

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-05-11 at 23:17.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
pre-Elop Nokia failed. That is a fact. Nokia is not a software company and this became clear when competition stiffened.