Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
On Wednesday the developers without address data in their profiles were Somnath Banik, Stuart Marsden, Nishith Mahajan, Dinesh Manajipet and Tong Zhang. If you have introduced the data since then, great.

The delivery team has Mid Summer celebration in Finland, and I'm busy with Qt Contributors Summit. Please give us some extra days to answer all your questions on shipments. Thanks!

PS: nobody is supposed to pay any taxes. If you are having this problem send me an email with a clear visible subject. Thanks again.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
On Wednesday the developers without address data in their profiles were Somnath Banik, Stuart Marsden, Nishith Mahajan, Dinesh Manajipet and Tong Zhang. If you have introduced the data since then, great.

The delivery team has Mid Summer celebration in Finland, and I'm busy with Qt Contributors Summit. Please give us some extra days to answer all your questions on shipments. Thanks!

PS: nobody is supposed to pay any taxes. If you are having this problem send me an email with a clear visible subject. Thanks again.
Oh .. I probably missed something here.

https://www.developer.nokia.com/Profile/Settings.xhtml

This is the page i updated my details in. And it still shows my address and phone number there. Are there other places in the website where I need to update my details?

Thanks Quim, I think you were looking for "Address line 1 and 2' in developer.nokia.com profile. I have updated my address in the profile page now here https://www.developer.nokia.com/Profile/Settings.xhtml. My Nokia Developer ID is somnathbanik. Please have a look and let us know. Thanks Somnath Banik

Last edited by somnathbanik; 2012-06-24 at 00:41. Reason: added

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Meerut, India
Can someone please clarify, whether community/Nokia will handle custom duty required for devices?

Originally Posted by ShwStppr View Post
Can someone please clarify, whether community/Nokia will handle custom duty required for devices?
You don't need to pay anything, not even the custom duty. If delivery boy ask for any fee, you can write to Quim regarding this. But I never found DHL ask for any fee.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Meerut, India
Originally Posted by somnathbanik View Post
You don't need to pay anything, not even the custom duty. If delivery boy ask for any fee, you can write to Quim regarding this. But I never found DHL ask for any fee.
Thanks for your response but this does not seems to be the case with me
DHL is asking for ~$50 as custom duty. I've written to Quim about it but he seems to be bust with Qt CS and I'm not getting any reply. I've even made a thread here in the process but that seems a bad idea
My device had reached India on 15 June but it is on hold ever since in Delhi. When I called them few days back they said they didn't had my contact number, I don't know why and told me to clear custom duty for further delivery

Last edited by ShwStppr; 2012-06-22 at 19:40. Reason: Addition

DHL is asking for ~$50 as custom duty. I've written to Quim about it but he seems to be bust with Qt CS and I'm not getting any reply. I've even made a thread here in the process but that seems a bad idea
My device had reached India on 15 June but it is on hold ever since in Delhi. When I called them few days back they said they didn't had my contact number, I don't know why and told me to clear custom duty for further delivery
I have never heard this issue with DHL, but yes, once I had the same issue with TNT. Then Nokia sene me the clearance paper through email, and everything was fine after that. Probably Quim will send you the clearance paper.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Finland
My data was complete but I can only imagine it was because my town was in the city field rather than address line 2. I have put it there now so please let me know if this is okay. My Nokia developer ID is stuartmarsden

Many thanks,

Stuart Marsden

P.S. Do I need to make my profile public? I assumed you had privileged access.

Last edited by stuartmarsden; 2012-06-23 at 12:33. Reason: P.S.

I think you are right. This is happening to me also, but never had this experience with DHL before.

Quim, could you please send us the clearance paper for the shipment.

I think you are right, and this is happening to me also this time. I never had this experience from DHL.

Quim, could you please share the clearance paper with us.