I have installed Modrana as suggested by our very knowledgeable members. I can get the routing in the off line mode. I can't seem to get it to bring up the satellite to go on line. Also, when I do put in a route I don't know what to push to actually get it started. I try the enter button on my keyboard but I can't find a button on screen to start the application and actually use it.

I have the same thing with Maps. I can get my route planned but I can't get it started either where it will actually start giving me my turn by turn directions when on the road.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bobby

The Following User Says Thank You to rootytooty For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by rootytooty View Post
I have installed Modrana as suggested by our very knowledgeable members. I can get the routing in the off line mode. I can't seem to get it to bring up the satellite to go on line. Also, when I do put in a route I don't know what to push to actually get it started. I try the enter button on my keyboard but I can't find a button on screen to start the application and actually use it.

I have the same thing with Maps. I can get my route planned but I can't get it started either where it will actually start giving me my turn by turn directions when on the road.
ModRana has it's own thread.
However, I feel your issue is not getting an A-GPS fix.
This has been fixed in CSSU-T
Have a look for A-GPS not working threads.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Thank you I will try that. I did search for Modrana . I should have put in the Modrana thread.

Thanks,
Bobby

Hi Martin,
I will go to the correct thread in a bit, but I have a question and I am right in the middle of the upload. I installed the CSSU which gave me the ability to have the screen go landscape or portrait and some other improvements. Now I was loading the CSSU-T. In the first CSSU that I installed it asked do I want to back up. I said no, as I had already backed it up on my PC. And it went through everything just fine and all works as advertised. I am not in the middle of the CSSU-T installation and I got to the part with the back up and you had no choice this time but to back it up. I did that and now that I where I am stuck. The scree gives three choices and I an not sure which on to click on---New backup, which I just did, Restore and Delete. I don't know what button to push to continue on with the installation or get out of that screen.

Help please.

Like I said when this is done I will go to the correct
Modrana threat.

Thank you so much for your patience and the help.

Thanks,
Bobby

Sorry guys I continue to try to do the CSSU-T upgrade and it goes to where it says to back up---you have a choice new back up, restore, cancel. I click on backup, like I said above and that is where is stalls out. I even connected using my pc, but still to no avail.

Any ideas or suggestions please???

Thanks,
Bobby

For clarificartion the version you should be installing is CSSU-Testing and not CSSU-Thumb. If the version you are installing is the CSSU-Testing and you are having problems installing it you could ask help in the CSSU-Testing thread:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...sting&page=157

If you actually are installing the Thumb version it also has the fixes you need, but has some other considerations before use.

Thank you. I saw where CSSU-T, was Thumb, not knowing about -Testing. It is suppose to have some fixes including for Modrama or sattelite connection.

I will look up -Testing.
Thanks,
Bobby

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
This is the thread you need to read.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...34#post1370634

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Thank you again so very much.

Your help is so much appreciated. Its funny you don't see many
N900s over here. I but I was talking to my friend in Church and asked if he knew anything about Linux and he said yes that is what I do. We got in the conversation it came out that we both have N900s. I said wow finally some who has one and might be able to help at times.

Thanks,
Bobby