Notices

Got it working. Very cool. How do you exit a game? I tried out blockorz and it crashed after the first level. Nothing loaded so I had to force close it. Meant the sound was looping on my phone so I had to reboot.

Just use the Ctrl + backspace shortcut

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Yea... the term Flash content N900 friendly is not so obvious This is why I even started to think off Flaemo project. Be careful about games that have a lot of bitmaps or operating on bitmaps data. N900 for some reason and against what every flash developer will tell you perform better with vectors. I bet it's related with color range.

I see huge performance improvement if any bitmap I am using has been converted to native N900 8bit per channel. Most of content has been designed for 32bit per channel for PC and seems that all of this transformation are done by N900 processor have huge impact on performance. Platforms games with parallax effect are mostly useless in this case.

Posts: 188 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Hmm, now that I actually tried playing the games provided, Flash Launcher hangs when you press arrow key.. Menus etc with stylus work ok, but if you press arrow key, it goes to busyloop with 100% cpu use and must be killed. All games do it, so its not game issue I think. Also performance sucks badly, its like 2 to 5 fps max.

cell-modem-ui: home | packages - status: 0.5.1-1 in Extras
nowplayingd: home | packages - status: 0.1-2 in extras-devel
custom-pwkmenu: home - no packages yet.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Installed on Diablo and works like a charm - great job!

The only 'quirk' is that after pressing 'Go' the game does start - but in a new window in the backround and you got to change over to that window manually.

Looking forward to being able to place my 10-or-so favorite flashgames in this launcher!!
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Guys, when reporting issues (esp performance related), please describe what device you are you using, what firmware and what version of FlashLauncher, otherwise I have no idea what to look at.

As for performance, the flash player on the devices is memory hungry. Let me repeat that. It is memory hungry. On my device, if I don’t watch out for memory usage (so things run out to swap when I start an app) it does get occasionally choppy. The default games, while not buttery smooth, run definitely with more than 5fps on the N900 devices I tested with (and the fastest device I have seen it on was 800MHz which was doing 10-15fps so not even heavy overclock).

EDIT: For the record, I played bloxorz, learn to fly and music catch to the end, and they weren’t THAT painful

Last edited by attila77; 2010-05-11 at 08:00.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
this is okay, but how bout having load ur own .swf file from phone >?

Listed a few working Flash Games here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=36176

The Following User Says Thank You to brog For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Please do not get mad at me when I ask this: What is the difference with this and using file manager to launch the app? I have been using file manager to launch Flash games since the N900 was released and have 253 Flash games on my microsd card.

What are the advantages launching from this app and file manager? I am hoping less overhead, perhaps? That alone would be good
Care to share with us?
Can you upload it on Rapidshare.com ?

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
This is one of the best apps for my N900!

Thanks so much, also for the reply how to find it!
Im totally loving this stuff !

Tags
flash, games, launcher, webkit