Active Topics

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Concepcion, Chile
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
what is "nolo"?
Nokia Loader, is like grub, u-boot, etc., but only for harmattan.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by rlinfati View Post
Nokia Loader, is like grub, u-boot, etc., but only for harmattan.
Ohh well that's interesting, maybe it's to stop the ICS loading ? or just add improvement to the booting of the phone

This is just a theory and speculation so don't bother to take it seriously But here is some optimistic thoughts of forums putting it together...

Is it possible that Nokia will update on meltemi with n9 or some of its futures? I mean n9 is enough cheap and still fresh for a smart phone generally. Costs just 199e in local stores in Finland and maybe nokia didn't want to bring new uncompleted stuff in the game when the price is good for n9 against the competition with cheapest androind phones. Meltemi has been said to be almost same thing as Harmattan so what is the point to bring new brand with same stuff? Meltemi were meant to be the os replacing symbian or s40 as on the cheaper phone markets, but n9 does the job already right? I mean 199e for a meego phone against 300-600 Lumia??? We all know whos the winner here don't we?
There might be two reasons for cheap prices for n9. First and I think more likely it has already paid of the engineering costs and it sells more than Nokia hoped in the beginning why the manufacturing is cheaper as well or they will end the story of n9 soon which seems to me unlikely because n9 seems to be still in production when nokia started to sell it in US. Also rumors keeps telling that n9 has sold more than Lumia devices which is a little bit awkward for Microsoft relationship, why Nokia won't tell the true selling numbers and keeps telling just numbers together with symbian which is really dead, just reasonable i think. Also the boss of Elop and other stockholders wants some bonuses with Nokia and if the share costs under 1,5e there might not be another way than up. So in the time things comes to win win win situation with a Big IF with the cash problem. How long Nokia can keep going in hidden?
I believe that the support for n9 will continues in 2015 as they say and we might see new versions of the nokia maps and drive at least. I'mean there was plenty of updates for my older e71 phone for a many years and I wonder why Nokia won't keep their customers happy? Nokia has traditions for that comparing to Samsung or some other manufacturers. And they know the value to keep their customers happy, doesn't they? Only Nokia knows how many n9:s has been sold or does someone has relevant information for that? Also Nokia keeps saying that they still doesn't have all the eggs in the same basket. Strategy might be that they put all the market intention on the windows phone when it gives some privacy and time for other projects. No expectations no fails right? Only thing what is sure is that hole story of n9 is a black horse/sheep card in history of Nokia and we just can hope that Elop sees the numbers correctly which I believe he does after the microsoft fails.
So the game isn't over yet One good reason for delaying PR 1.3 is that it can't be publicly first on the priority list when "all" the muscles are on the Lumia and Lumia just got its update on 7.5 and some new candy, so I think we n9 owners will be happy soon enough too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bumperdom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 177 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Concepcion, Chile
Originally Posted by bumperdom View Post
Is it possible that Nokia will update on meltemi with n9 or some of its futures?
NO, NO, NO, NO

Originally Posted by bumperdom View Post
I believe that the support for n9 will continues in 2015 as they say and we might see new versions of the nokia maps and drive at least.
NO, only security fix

The Following User Says Thank You to rlinfati For This Useful Post:
NO, NO, NO, NO

NO, only security fix
You seem to be pretty sure about your sources. So, thank you so far.
Do you know if there will be a future update following the PR 1.3?

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
@bumperdom: I wished I could see it as positive as you do. But who knows... thinking positively certainly isn't wrong as long as you don't get disappointed.

Meltemi on N9 that will never happen and the N9 might be cheap in some countries, in other it's still a very expensive phone.

Any "smart" or normal working company would react the way you and many would, keep promoting a N9 or even be working on a future device with MeeGo. But with Nokia it's different - no management book can explain you that They are corrupted and there are things going on with Microsoft which won't be published.

In other words we cannot say at all what the future of N9 is - we have to be happy with what we get now. But there's always space for surprises like that all the sudden Nokia Suites supports the phone. It was clearly a management decision to not support the phone (a NS developer answered this way after he couldn't convince anyone why N9 users should only have NokiaLink).

Nokia is like a ship with a stubborn captain who wants to reach an inaccessible aim: Windows Phone. Rather they get there, get lost so that nobody will win at the end or impact with an ice berg which would be the end.

I hope PR1.3 will bring many bug fixes and speed (esp. better memory handling), so that we have a fast, flawless working phone. But I'm sure the Harmattan team is doing their best and want us to get a complete update - maybe that's the reason we haven't gotten yet the update.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to almamo For This Useful Post:
I think this spillikin from Eldar Murtazin is an interesting read.

http://www.mobile-review.com/article...i-176-en.shtml

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Ohh well that's interesting, maybe it's to stop the ICS loading ? or just add improvement to the booting of the phone
No its only prepareing for wp upgrade endof q3 because then harmattan stops work to make sure even more customers get angry at nokia. Atleast how elop and his failboard want it to be...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-06-29 at 23:39.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
Lies anywhere in there
I’m a liar I’m in a dream
Goin’ my own way
Nothing to rely on

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
NO, only security fix
Yep as said a gazillion times now, IF there is anything after 1.3...
It'll only be minor updates focused only on perf/sec/stability/usability bug-fixes.
Tis extremely unlikely that there'll by any more major updates...

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert