Hi there,

After upgrading the N800 to the latest OS 2008 version (RX-34_2008SE_2.2007.51-3_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin), I face the following annoyances:
  • some applications are hanging when starting (mainly the web browser)
  • when exiting from Xterm, it does not exit
  • the most annoying one: when halting the system, it does not halt and remains up ... only solution is to remove the battery.

Is this part of the firmware bug mentioned in other threads ?

Thanks for any information ...
Alain

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Dubai, UAE
I'm starting to get these as well. I'm in the middle of a reflash now and will see if this problems come back.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by AlainJLEB View Post
...I face the following annoyances:
If you have virtual memory enabled, you may want to run a filesystem check on your internal card. I had similar problems as the filesystem on my internal card became corrupted.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
would it not be easier to just shut off the virtual memory and let the system recreate it?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by ghoonk View Post
would it not be easier to just shut off the virtual memory and let the system recreate it?
The card will still be corrupt.

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
To fix your xterm problem, follow the instructions in the link below to install a newer version:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...8&postcount=18

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
If you have virtual memory enabled, you may want to run a filesystem check on your internal card. I had similar problems as the filesystem on my internal card became corrupted.
How do you run a filesystem check on the card? Do you need root access for this?

I have checked, and lots of applications are hanging in fact - Application Manager, Control Panel ...

Last edited by AlainJLEB; 2008-03-26 at 20:03.

Guys, are these symptoms common to 51-3? If so, I'm going to reflash the unit back to 50-2 and see if it helps.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by ghoonk View Post
Guys, are these symptoms common to 51-3? If so, I'm going to reflash the unit back to 50-2 and see if it helps.
ive been using 51-3 and i can assure you there are no such problems inherent tto the Os

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
how do you run a filesystem check on the internal card? I am kinda new at this.