Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
anyone missing the ambience setting??

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
No people in this thread lie, don't trust them, check https://together.jolla.com/question/...-in-boot-loop/ or maybe this is also not trustworthy place, liars everywhere
Not really sure what to make of this post...? I guess you didn't like my attempt to help. Well, OK - that's your prerogative. I did try to make it clear that I'm no authority on this stuff, and I think my question (are you sure that the IP address is the one the device has been assigned?) is a reasonable one.

Edit: OK, so now I see the bit in the 1.0.2.5 release notes which discusses these two IP addresses as the ones to try - although there is no kind of explanation as to why these two are the magic targets. I freely admit that there are lots of Jolla & Sailfish things out there which I haven't read.

Hopefully someone can help resolve the issue for Dared.

Is it possible there's some sort of firewall on your Mac blocking these attempts?

Last edited by shallimus; 2014-03-18 at 04:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Have you tried 192.168.2.15 instead of 10.42....?
Indeed I have, i'll give it another go though

Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
Not really sure what to make of this post...? I guess you didn't like my attempt to help. Well, OK - that's your prerogative. I did try to make it clear that I'm no authority on this stuff, and I think my question (are you sure that the IP address is the one the device has been assigned?) is a reasonable one.

Edit: OK, so now I see the bit in the 1.0.2.5 release notes which discusses these two IP addresses as the ones to try - although there is no kind of explanation as to why these two are the magic targets. I freely admit that there are lots of Jolla & Sailfish things out there which I haven't read.

Hopefully someone can help resolve the issue for Dared.

Is it possible there's some sort of firewall on your Mac blocking these attempts?
Sorry, didn't mean to sound dickish, but really, most people here are trying to be helpful. If they suggest an IP it is not random/trollish, ask Jolla why they chose those two, I have no answer to that. Good luck!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
in MWC 2014, there is ambience setting, which is missing in 1.0420

Still no luck! I'll shoot over an email to Jolla to see what they say

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Dared View Post
Still no luck! I'll shoot over an email to Jolla to see what they say
@Dared, did you check that you have an IP address for the computer end?
There's no DHCPD in Jolla when you enter recovery mode, if you have the correct drivers a new IP interface will appear but you need to give it an address in the same subnet as the device is, before you can connect to it.

If that's not done correctly, and you try to telnet to the device, your telnet packets will just go out your default route

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
@Dared, did you check that you have an IP address for the computer end?
There's no DHCPD in Jolla when you enter recovery mode, if you have the correct drivers a new IP interface will appear but you need to give it an address in the same subnet as the device is, before you can connect to it.

If that's not done correctly, and you try to telnet to the device, your telnet packets will just go out your default route
A friend of mine suggested this. I have changed the ipv4 address to be in the same subnet as the jolla, is that correct?

That still didn't work

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Dared View Post
A friend of mine suggested this. I have changed the ipv4 address to be in the same subnet as the jolla, is that correct?

That still didn't work
Is your link in UP and RUNNING state?
can you ping the Jolla device?

Okay, so let me list everything i've done

I go into network => advanced => tcp/ip => configure ipv4 => set that to maunal => then enter 192.168.2.14 and then save that

Then I start phone with volume down key pressed, connect phone via usb, go into terminal, type in telnet, then type in o 192.168.2.15

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"