I have been always a Nokia fan and know advanced stuff about mobiles (I mean, I know how to flash a phone, install tweaks, etc). The first phone I had was the dumb phone Nokia 1680c (nothing special about it).
Than, I was offered a Nokia E51, which was an awesome phone for its time and I really enjoyed installing different apps and tweaks on it, even if the selection was pretty limited, it was actually of good quality.
After that, I had an iPhone 3GS for a whole year and I really enjoyed jailbreaking it and installing tweaks on it. I really liked using it as a hacked phone with all the tweaks, but lastly I gave up on it because of the limited offering it had for me (it had no Maps, a poor camera, etc.)
I bought than a Nokia N8, an awesome phone I have to admit, for its camera and multimedia capabilities. Soon, I upgraded it (I mean exchanged it) for a Nokia 808 PureView, which I used for half a year, because I wanted a speed bump (better sillicone power than in N8 ).
And finnaly, last Christmas I sold my 808 and bought a Nexus 5, because I really felt the Android world of fast speed and tons of apps is for me.
I enjoyed it in the first weeks, but soon discovered I miss a reliable camera, offline navigation and the AMOLED screen on the 808.
Now, I am thinking on cutting a bit the budget I spend on phones and sell the Nexus 5. But before that, I need another phone, so I found a guy which can sell me an immaculate (no scratch, almost new, bought 7 months ago) Nokia N9 16 GB black.
I think the price is pretty good, but while I was thinking about the offer, I thought: What do other people think, is it worth buying today?
I mean, I am into MeeGo, I was tempted 3 times in the past to buy the N9 but postponed it for various reasons. I like the interface, the fact that it has lifetime voice guided navigation, a good camera and... the interface, again, I like the most, it is so smart compared to Android.
So, what should I do? Buy it? Is it woth for 100 euros TODAY? Thanks for your thoughts!

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Woollahra
50€ is enough

@rfa Could you please detail a little bit your oppinion? Thanks!

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Woollahra
It's a two year old phone, so there's no warranty.

There are equivalent phones in the same price point: Nokia x, xl, 630, 635 are all around €100

And, I paid (the equivalent of) €300 two years ago for a 64 GB, which may still be worth €100, but is still worth more than a 16 GB.

€70 maybe, but you'd expect the box, cable, charger & case. If it still had the original screen protector then, yes, €100.

Just phone: €50
+ box & bits €70
"new" €100

The Following User Says Thank You to rfa For This Useful Post:
If it was bought 7 months ago then there is a warranty, but most likely if something major goes wrong they'd replace it with another phone (a lumia)

I was the biggest N9 advocate, however after owning a Jolla for a few months I gotta say the n9 feels so laggy compared to the Jolla. Get a Jolla

The Following User Says Thank You to Dared For This Useful Post:
Okay, understood your point of view Sir. It is the UI which attracts me so much to this phone, and Jolla costs much more and doesn't have an interface which attracts me as much as the N9... just saying... so 100 euros is way too much for an N9 today, should I understand?

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
The phone hardware is not new, and most app development has stopped. However, if something happened to both of my N9s, I'd still buy another one.
The question is, is it worth €100 to you? All the things you said you liked about it are still true: great interface, offline navigation, suitable camera. If that is worth €100 to you, do it. I would

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Dared View Post
If it was bought 7 months ago then there is a warranty, but most likely if something major goes wrong they'd replace it with another phone (a lumia)

I was the biggest N9 advocate, however after owning a Jolla for a few months I gotta say the n9 feels so laggy compared to the Jolla. Get a Jolla
I actually disagree with this. My Jolla had to go visit warranty repair and for a week I used one of my old N9. I was really warmly suprised yet again how natural and easy it is to use. And also how I felt no bad lagging. The phone has Power Pack and Fastern9 istalled. With them and other tweaks I really can't but wonder how even today the UI and swipe feels like million years ahead of everyone.

Other thing again is the occasional not being uptodate problems that you are surely about to run into. Also there are some "unfinished" sides to the phone. And at least both of my N9 freeze at least ones a week. Must be some tweak they are not liking...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Northern WI, USA
Someone asked the same question in this thread just over a week ago: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92988&page=1

there's a lot of feedback there, take a look.

The Following User Says Thank You to kapu2 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kapu2 View Post
Someone asked the same question in this thread just over a week ago: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92988&page=1

there's a lot of feedback there, take a look.
I read, thanks for posting a link to it. Also, the many tweaks available appeal to me... sounds good, maybe I shall start developing too, I know how to code for Windows in C# and I coded in the past in QML too for the 808... what do you think, is the price good?