Notices

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
More info please. I tried to save a 5 min program segments, it takes forever, I really mean forever, obviously it depends on your bandwidth, how do you make the dl run in background?
When it's a live stream, then you see no progress. You may look at the file size in the file manager. Also you can just open the file in kmplayer, using the file-open button (the one with the folder on it) and see if it plays.
Note that live streams may take forever. To stop downloading it, go to the download page (from kmplayer menu), click the link and choose to remove it.
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
I tried to run 2 copies of KMPlayer, apparantly KMPlayer is smarter than me, it said no .

To dl media files, make sure you specify file location. Obviously SD is the best, otherwise unattended dl into N900 may get you into trouble, just a rough guideline, 1 min video is about 12 MB, so beware.
bun
When the download starts, you can press the arrow in the top-right corner to go back to the main window. Then you can start the same way a new download, or play something or whatever.

The Following User Says Thank You to koos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
You can install worldtv99 without having kmplayer in the system. This ends up in a situation where the user can't find "worldtv99" anywhere in the task launcher.

Shouldn't Kmplayer be set as dependency to avoid this situation?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
You can install worldtv99 without having kmplayer in the system. This ends up in a situation where the user can't find "worldtv99" anywhere in the task launcher.

Good point. However the description should tell the user that its a playlist for kmplayer.
Also other mm player can or may support worldtv

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to koos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
One interesting find I found out yesterday is that if you hook up the N900 to a TV, the video is shown on TV even if you minimise the KMPlayer (the same happens with Mediabox too... With built in Media Player this doesn't seem to work.) On N900 own display you can then do whatever else you like.

I found this cool since it is actually dual display support where each display show different content. Actual use case may be when travelling with kids you can play cartoons on hotel TV and keep browsing internet on N900 at the same time!

EDIT: Now after updating to latest KMPlayer version the task switcher is not visible when in Video player. Kind of workaround is to press Camera button to get the task switcher show up.

Last edited by Mara; 2010-01-31 at 16:46.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
One interesting find I found out yesterday is that if you hook up the N900 to a TV, the video is shown on TV even if you minimise the KMPlayer (the same happens with Mediabox too... With built in Media Player this doesn't seem to work.) On N900 own display you can then do whatever else you like.

I found this cool since it is actually dual display support where each display show different content. Actual use case may be when travelling with kids you can play cartoons on hotel TV and keep browsing internet on N900 at the same time!
Yup, I found out that too when I using the TVout and, the quality with WorldTV99, in fact, is quite watchable! even on a 25 in

bun

Originally Posted by qgil View Post

Very good point! Did not realize that...we are looking into it

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
N900 as media center with tv-out

The Following User Says Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Update to WorldTV99.0.4.2, (not there yet, coming.....in a few hours) more house cleaning and another 50 + programs added, including VH1, more and more entertainment see 1st post for details................

Hope everybody enjoy as much as we are..........

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Chicago, IL
Bunanson, I've been trying to view the UK Setanta sports channel, but whenever i click on it and press play, it buffers for around 10 seconds then just skips to the next channel. Does this mean it isn't available?

Thanks! Can't wait to get this up and running, hopefully I'll be able to catch some matches, that way I dont need directv here in the states :P

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

The Following User Says Thank You to Chapbass For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Chapbass View Post
Bunanson, I've been trying to view the UK Setanta sports channel, but whenever i click on it and press play, it buffers for around 10 seconds then just skips to the next channel. Does this mean it isn't available?

Thanks! Can't wait to get this up and running, hopefully I'll be able to catch some matches, that way I dont need directv here in the states :P

Well, it means a lot of things, bandwidth, availability, cache....the bottomline, if it skips to next station very fast, means, it is NOT there. However, I noticed, a lot, I mean, almost 20% of Channels outside USA are NOT running 24/7, Chinese, Europe for example. So, I would check back on 8 hrs later and see how it goes.

To the contrary, if it stays there, but no action, it means the station has a long program for it to upload, sometimes could be 2 - 3 minute ans voila, video coming....

You thinking about dropping directv, that means you like our stuff, right? I am not quite sure what you mean, say it one more time, please.........

BTW, what is the link, we will take a look, a good look.........

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-02-01 at 14:57.

Tags
kmplayer, mplayer, streaming tv, t v, worldtv99