Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Or...'Add Directory including sub-directories' to grab music in any sub-directories that you may have.

Covers are downloaded under: Tools: Cover Art Downloader.
It will automatically check what covers are missing and if it can find them. Leave the ones you want downloaded checked and click 'Start Download'. That feature has worked great for me.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-09-15 at 17:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
1) Edit: Add Directory
2) File: Save Playlist

Quasar will automatically open with the latest used playlist.

Btw, when in full-screen mode (the button in lower-right) you exit out of that mode by pushing the lower right corner of the screen - and you raise and lower the volume by pressing on the top and bottom of the screen (next previous song is on the left and right sides).
Looks like on my N800 the virtual keyboard does not come up. I will try using my external keyboard to enter playlist name.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
Looks like on my N800 the virtual keyboard does not come up. I will try using my external keyboard to enter playlist name.
Funny, same thing with my N810.
You can also just write the playlist name anywhere on your N800, copy it with ctrl-c and just paste it into the field in Quasar with ctrl-v
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Funny, same thing with my N810.
You can also just write the playlist name anywhere on your N800, copy it with ctrl-c and just paste it into the field in Quasar with ctrl-v
I connected my external keyboard and created the playlist. Quasar is up and running. I can now play around and see what it's capable of doing, thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
I connected my external keyboard and created the playlist. Quasar is up and running. I can now play around and see what it's capable of doing, thanks!
Cool, let me know what you think.

I went through 7-8 music players last night and none is 'perfect' but MediaBox and Quasar were my two, final contenders.

EDIT: Btw, here's a video showing the UI very well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXkcF_Wn-2U

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-09-15 at 18:03.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
I felt like a "green" change for my desktop:

Name:  screen_green.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  26.8 KB

Notice that I really need to get rid of the old sewing machine taking up room in my garage by this weekend!

Last edited by Den in USA; 2010-09-17 at 16:26.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ near Memphis, TN USA
This is my current desktop. I usually start with Xmms in shade mode, & max/min as needed. I noticed that it doesn't stay on screen when Telescope is activated.

Quasar looks cool, but I see it doesn't support the OSK either.
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moja For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Wow. That is probably the best looking desktop screen I've yet to see.

Good job dude.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ near Memphis, TN USA
@Addison: Thanks. Just a background I picked up from intefacelift.com. But I remember your desktop being pretty cool with custom icons and stuff. I was going to ask how you customized the clock...but I think I just found the answer over in the SVGClock thread.

Okay, Here is my question for you guys listening to internet radio stations with Xmms. Can you get Xmms to play a wma stream from an mms:// URL? I'm currently selecting the link in microB, which passes the stream to Media Player by default. It works alright, but I would rather use Xmms if possible. If there's a way to do it with dbus switchboard, I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

But I'm a n00b compared to you guys.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey moja.

Yeah, changing the clock theme is a breeze. Just know that many of the newer ones to choose from don't work for some reason.

For radio on Xmms, I just go to shoutcast.com, right click and save the .pls file. So yeah, I have all of those in a folder on my memory card.

Maybe you can find your radio stations there at shoutcast.

Sorry, but that's about the best I can say on your question.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post: