Active Topics

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
I finally realized that I am totally content with my N800. I bought my first N800 in September of 2007. After 18 months the internal battery charger when out and then later the display started to become jerky. At this point, I could have bought any device on the market to replace it. Well, guess what? Rather than upgrading to an N810, I bought a new N800. I love the 16gb internal memory card. I love the camera that swivels. I love the external bluetooth gps that I use with it. I love the touch screen keyboard. I love how I cannot stand out in the hot sun while using it (although the screen is bright enough in the shade). Hopefully my new N800 will last me a couple of years and I can eventually install Mer and buy a couple of 64gb SD cards. My biggest wish is that someday, I will be able to run Skype in "Video" mode!

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
http://tabulacrypticum.wordpress.com...ernet-tablets/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Thanks, Texrat, I enjoyed reading the blog! I book marked it on my N800.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Hear, Hear.

I also love my N800 to bits. for me it's almost perfect, and I carry it just about everywhere, although the preciousness of it stops me.

I would be absolutely over the moon if Nokia re-engineered the N800 for Fremantle with proper video capabilities and more horsepower. Oh and a built in GPS. I have a bluetooth keyboard for the times I need to do serious keyboard work, and can tether my phone when I need to, so only need a single contract.

I have 2 16GB cards in mine, and it does just about anything I want. Although there are somethings I'd like I'll not turn this into a whiney want thread!

Struggling to imagine at the minute a compelling reason to spend several hundreds upgrading when the new tablet comes out, although I'm sure the lust will kick in when it finally breaks cover, although a faster N810 with onboard 3G does not excite me.

Glad to see I am not the only one!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
from one N800 user to another, cheers!

...and one-third of a cheer from one 770, N800 and N810 user :-)

Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
Hear, Hear.

I also love my N800 to bits. for me it's almost perfect, and I carry it just about everywhere, although the preciousness of it stops me.

I would be absolutely over the moon if Nokia re-engineered the N800 for Fremantle with proper video capabilities and more horsepower. Oh and a built in GPS. I have a bluetooth keyboard for the times I need to do serious keyboard work, and can tether my phone when I need to, so only need a single contract.

I have 2 16GB cards in mine, and it does just about anything I want. Although there are somethings I'd like I'll not turn this into a whiney want thread!

Struggling to imagine at the minute a compelling reason to spend several hundreds upgrading when the new tablet comes out, although I'm sure the lust will kick in when it finally breaks cover, although a faster N810 with onboard 3G does not excite me.

Glad to see I am not the only one!

Nice to hear from England, I spent a couple weeks on "holiday' in Fleetwood near Blackpool. I was a contestant in the International Ballroom Dancing competition.

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
My N800 was invaluable on our recent trip to Greece. I carried it in my cargo shorts pocket the entire time while travelling. My wife commented that she was the 3rd wheel on the trip. I saw people at outdoor tavernas pulling out a laptop, or at best, a netbook to make a VoIP call via their free wifi. With my BT headset, my wife was talking to the kids back home while the trusty N800 was concealed in my pocket. Pure gold!

Last year I drove across Canada and lost my Verizon cell phone coverage in several towns. I had free WiFi in all the motels so I used my N800 with Skype to phone friends and family.

Dan I have to ask, where did you still get a new in box n800? I have had mine for slightly over a year and love it, however I ran into a problem where my screen is doing a vertical scroll (like an old CRT TV with a bad vert hold)

My credit card company doubles the nokia 1 year warranty so I'm trying to find a NIB N800 for when they refund my card I'm ready to order. I've seen a few shops on Amazon.com that say they have 1 remaining in stock but they're all companies I've never heard of and I'm nervous about ordering from a noname If you have a company you ordered from that has some in stock I'd love to hear about your experience with them.