Notices

I use the QueenBee widgets to script a call to a certain number

See the icons on the lower left - office, farm, & rach

it's a one-click call. I'm sure you could do the same thing to launch applications and you can size the icon to whatever you like.

the queenbee code for a call
Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.csd.Call /com/nokia/csd/call com.nokia.csd.Call.CreateWith string:"$NUMBER" uint32:0
edit- sorry op, just saw you didn't want to mess with the widgets...it works though /edit
Attached Images

Last edited by zoner; 2010-06-05 at 18:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zoner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Yeah, the reason why i do not like that is the extra job of remaking the icons and the plausible extra battery drain. But thanks anyway

heres the screenshot ..
Name:  Screenshot-20100605-205034.jpg
Views: 1036
Size:  23.4 KB

there smaller than the stock, i can make it smaller tho.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biggzy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
heres the screenshot ..
Attachment 10693

there smaller than the stock, i can make it smaller tho.
I guess you did the same trick as me by resizing the "background" though i made mine at the size i wanted it. Or did you do some other trick?

Does someone have the knowledge and will to do an app to make this happen? It could be pretty basic.

1. It would need to have a drop down with the applications from program menu.
2. A slider for resizing.
3. maybe an option to change to a custom icon.
4. Important to use as little power as possible (for battery).

Basically just a more slimmed QBW...

Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
I guess you did the same trick as me by resizing the "background" though i made mine at the size i wanted it. Or did you do some other trick?

Does someone have the knowledge and will to do an app to make this happen? It could be pretty basic.

1. It would need to have a drop down with the applications from program menu.
2. A slider for resizing.
3. maybe an option to change to a custom icon.
4. Important to use as little power as possible (for battery).

Basically just a more slimmed QBW...
Yes i just resized the two images in the theme folder, thats the only way to do it at the moment i think.

Iv resized mine again, i think there small enough now ..

Name:  Screenshot-20100605-231157.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  23.3 KB

Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
Iv resized mine again, i think there small enough now ..

Attachment 10697
That looks better.. but not small enough. I need them to be about 48px. By the way.. could you attach your ApplicationShortcutApplet? I like the background

Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
That looks better.. but not small enough. I need them to be about 48px. By the way.. could you attach your ApplicationShortcutApplet? I like the background
If i make them smaller the icons will have to be made smaller also as it will not sit behind them right, here is my ApplicationShortcutApplet images my friend .. ApplicationShortcutApplet.zip

I have made my whole UI match the ApplicationShortcutApplet icons, the dial pad, the onscreen qwerty etc, i will post it all once iv finished it.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
For a quick and dirty reduction in size why not just use a clear image for ApplicationShortcutApplet. (attached)

As you pro'ly know by now .desktop files look for the associated icon in the N900:\usr\share\icons\hicolor\64x64\hildon directory.
Even if you found a way to change this behavior globally for it then to say look in N900:\usr\share\icons\hicolor\48x48\hildon instead, the icons are not there and would have to be built anyway.

What I used to do on my N800 was manually reduce the size of each icon to 48 x 48 with a program like PaintShopPro or Gimp and then change the canvas size (background) of that now smaller icon back to a clear 64 x 64 background...

It was repetetive and tedious work but it kept me off the mean streets and I think I may have avoided hard jail time because of that. The N800 made me a better person.

EDIT: Attached zipped file because clear images are hard to grab... Doh!
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip icon.zip (3.3 KB, 162 views)

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2010-06-05 at 23:27.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
For a quick and dirty reduction in size why not just use a clear image for ApplicationShortcutApplet. (attached)

As you pro'ly know by now .desktop files look for the associated icon in the N900:\usr\share\icons\hicolor\64x64\hildon directory.
Even if you found a way to change this behavior globally for it then to say look in N900:\usr\share\icons\hicolor\48x48\hildon instead, the icons are not there and would have to be built anyway.

What I used to do on my N800 was manually reduce the size of each icon to 48 x 48 with a program like PaintShopPro or Gimp and then change the canvas size (background) of that now smaller icon back to a clear 64 x 64 background...

It was repetetive and tedious work but it kept me off the mean streets and I think I may have avoided hard jail time because of that. The N800 made me a better person.

EDIT: Attached zipped file because clear images are hard to grab... Doh!
If thats the case i will need to change the icons in scaleable and 96x96 for the n900 i think. I have been thinking about this but wanted a more "automagic" way. But maybe thats the only way right now.

Tags
icons, program, resize, retentive