Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
I've started a new blog series, which I plan to be updating once in a while. It's called "What I have done for the N8x0's lately".

Feel free to subscribe to this thread as I'll be posting updates here.

First issue is http://mer-project.blogspot.com/2010...-done-for.html
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
I've started a new blog series, which I plan to be updating once in a while. It's called "What I have done for the N8x0's lately".

Good initiative - but for someone, like me, that maybe have a lesser understanding of what the actual, detailed technical accomplishments means in terms of reaching something that resembles a deliverable [to end-users] I would suggest that:

- Create a project plan and post it online
- It doesn't even have to have due-dates/durations on it - but state what's at the end of this project plan and what the essential pieces to complete are. That way, I think more people can assess the progress of your efforts and when/if they will amount to anything on the average user's N8x0.

Then tie your blogposts to this project plan and show the progress.

This (http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N8x0) is in no way a project chart that is easy to follow. Make it visual like a regular gantt chart that most people can follow along on.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-05-20 at 21:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post

Thanks for this! It's nice to see what is still being done for us lucky n8x0 owners!

wake me up if you ever get around to fixing the media player and email.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by wesgreen View Post
wake me up if you ever get around to fixing the media player and email.
My opinion is that Modest is too broke to fix. Use Claws.
:P
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

My big problems are BME crashes and USB-OTG switching bugs both of which are huge battery killers for me.

USBControl helps with the second, but it's not a fix.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by DataPath View Post
My big problems are BME crashes and USB-OTG switching bugs both of which are huge battery killers for me.

USBControl helps with the second, but it's not a fix.
I'm not sure what you are using. Have you tried the Community SSU?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=30648

Yes, I am, and the SSU doesn't address the buggy BME (apparently charging an N8x0 with aged batteries can, under some circumstances, crash BME, which causes the tablet to reboot), nor the N800 USB-OTG switching bug (rapid-fire "USB Device Not Supported" notifications).

The Following User Says Thank You to DataPath For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Yes, I am, and the SSU doesn't address the buggy BME (apparently charging an N8x0 with aged batteries can, under some circumstances, crash BME, which causes the tablet to reboot), nor the N800 USB-OTG switching bug (rapid-fire "USB Device Not Supported" notifications).
SSU can't address BME bugs because that is a closed component. Proper USB-OTG is a goal of the SSU and hopefully it can fix the USB-OTG switching bug. Please submit your comments there.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Yes, I am, and the SSU doesn't address the buggy BME (apparently charging an N8x0 with aged batteries can, under some circumstances, crash BME, which causes the tablet to reboot)
Now I understand why my n800 reboots every other day.