Posts: 40 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Oldenzaal, The Netherlands
Test version of 5 June 2012:
http://uppit.com/4i237vff0xdo/whatsapp_n900_alpha2.jar

New features:
-Bugfixes(Including "ping" bug)
-Maemo NSeries look and feel (Java GUI skin)
-New conversation window design (closely resembles conversations app)
-Delivery status icons
-Chat history storage

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterbjornx For This Useful Post:
I prefer this than yappari but how to install it on n900
I lunched it on computer
Thanks in advance

And can you make an option to edit the display name (push notification) name ?
Also status updating
Good job I like the UI

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Oldenzaal, The Netherlands
follow the steps for the old version, then open a root terminal (sudo gainroot), and enter:
(i assume your .jar is in MyDocs)
Code:
rm /opt/whatsapp/whatsapp_n900.jar
cp /home/user/MyDocs/whatsapp_n900_alpha2.jar /opt/whatsapp/whatsapp_n900.jar

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterbjornx For This Useful Post:
The display name is a bit tricky, it's implemented via a very secure protocol based on HTTPS, which unlike its first version is very hard to implement.

oops, just found out the fix for the ping messages isnt working yet, ill fix it when i get home from school today

The Following User Says Thank You to peterbjornx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by davdav View Post
I prefer this than yappari
For N900 I prefer yappari because resource comsumption of Java port is quite higher and my mobile works slowly with it openned. But I use Java port from my PC (with Debian Linux), and the one of my work (with Win XP)

Peter,
Thanks for the update. It works very well. Just do as Peterbjornx sad:

Code:
rm /opt/whatsapp/whatsapp_n900.jar
cp /home/user/MyDocs/whatsapp_n900_alpha2/opt/whatsapp/whatsapp_n900.jar /opt/whatsapp/whatsapp_n900.jar
Also a suggestion can you please make the cursor go automaticly in the text window when you open on a chat it is very annoying to click every time i want to typ something.

Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
For N900 I prefer yappari because resource comsumption of Java port is quite higher and my mobile works slowly with it openned. But I use Java port from my PC (with Debian Linux), and the one of my work (with Win XP)
Yappari is not working for me it keeps disconnect and I have sent .log file to the author and he did not want to help ..
It's the same IMIE of the N900
Any suggestions ?
Thanks

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by davdav View Post
Yappari is not working for me it keeps disconnect and I have sent .log file to the author and he did not want to help ..
It's the same IMIE of the N900
Any suggestions ?
The first, be more polite with somebody who is making software for you for free. I don't think that Scorpius doesn't want to help you. I'd bet he is doing his best but maybe he haven't been able to solve your problem yet. You writed him a private message just yesterday, and he has a life. Be patient or pay him for hours to solve you problem XD.

Are you sure you used your real IMEI to registering in Java port? If not you will need to register again with your real IMEI to get Yappari working.

You can see the data you use on Java port in this file:
.java/.userPrefs/org/peterbjornx/whatsapp/storage/prefs.xml

You could try this:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=89

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatscrapp!