Hi, yesterday I woke up, powered my N800, everything worked except couldn't read from internal memory card. i haven't added any new software or changed any system settings. i hoped re-powering several times would help, but didn't.
tried the card in external drive and it works fine. just to be sure I tried several different sd cards, they all work in external but not internal reader.
can't access internal card reader at all, whether via file manager or control panel.
was using A-data 8gb SDHC with virtual memory enabled, plenty of space left, but as i said i tried with five different brands of regular 2gb cards and none of them work in internal drive, though are fine in external.
all contacts are clean.
OS is Diablo.
Anyone with a similar issue?

I have a dead internal slot.
There is some usefull info in the thread about my problem (given by others) on to see if the problem is a incorrect "doorlock" or so
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=16127

I hope it helps, I did not managed to get mine working, but ruled out some stuff..

edit: link works now

The Following User Says Thank You to polossatik For This Useful Post:
Thanks polossatik,
I read your earlier thread, but your issue (magnet) was not the cause of my problem. Too bad, or it would be a easy fix...
Anyway, I removed the battery from N800 for 1 hour. Then re-inserted battery, and the internal card reader recognized my card. It is working right now! I would like to know the probable cause of the earlier problem, but am happy it is solved for now. Hopefully it won't return. Cheers!

Originally Posted by polossatik View Post
I have a dead internal slot.
There is some usefull info in the thread about my problem (given by others) on to see if the problem is a incorrect "doorlock" or so
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=16127

I hope it helps, I did not managed to get mine working, but ruled out some stuff..

edit: link works now

The Following User Says Thank You to nowisjusz For This Useful Post:
well,folks, it happened again this morning. upon powering on my n800 won't initialize the internal card reader. removing the battery for 1 hr clears the issue and card is recognized no matter what brand.
what am i dealing with, software or hardware issues?
using diablo.
thanks for any tips.

Originally Posted by nowisjusz View Post
Hi, yesterday I woke up, powered my N800, everything worked except couldn't read from internal memory card. i haven't added any new software or changed any system settings. i hoped re-powering several times would help, but didn't.
tried the card in external drive and it works fine. just to be sure I tried several different sd cards, they all work in external but not internal reader.
can't access internal card reader at all, whether via file manager or control panel.
was using A-data 8gb SDHC with virtual memory enabled, plenty of space left, but as i said i tried with five different brands of regular 2gb cards and none of them work in internal drive, though are fine in external.
all contacts are clean.
OS is Diablo.
Anyone with a similar issue?