Active Topics

Notices

Hello people.I have a problem with the gnuplot.When I first installed the program everything was fine.But(always there is a but),unfortunately I had to flash my device and re-install everything from the beginning and I am facing a problem with gnuplot.When,I choose to install the gnuplot from the appinstaller,it downloads the file,but when it comes the time to install it says to me:''Unable to install Gnuplot''.The problem is that it doesn't tell me why is thst happening.Have you got any idea why is that happening?

Please somebody :-(

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italia
install it from the terminal:
$ sudo gainroot
# apt-get install gnuplot

and see what it says

It says to me:

E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11 Resource temprarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administrator directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?
/home/user #

What is that mean?

It normally means that there is another package manager running. You don't have the app manager running in the background do you?

Actually,I did what cipper told me for 2nd time and now told me the following: ...Selecting previously deselected package gnuplot.Unpacking gnuplot (from .../gnuplot_4.2.6-7_all.deb) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/gnuplot-x11_4.2.6-7_armel.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

The app manager is not open while this command is executing
I hope you understand that the 3 stops in the beggining mean that there is text but I didn't write it because it says:Connecting to repository.maemo.org,downloading bla bla bla

What is going wrong???

you should report also the lines above that specify the error!

any way, try to remove the debs in the cache and then reinstall:

switch to root:
$ sudo gainroot

remove the files:
# rm -rf /var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb

reinstall gnuplot:

if you have problem in reporting all the output of apt-get, just paste it to a file and attach it here:

# apt-get install gnuplot 2>&1 | tee output.out

I apologize for uploading so many picures.Here is what is going on!!!

(PS:I know that my question is offtopic.Maemo 5 SDK is exactly like maemo 5 except for the fact that it has additional programs for developing new programs?)
Attached Images

Last edited by nokia_n900_user; 2010-02-14 at 00:39.

It looks like gnuplot depends on two other packages, gnuplot-x11 and gnuplot-nox, but only gnuplot-x11 is being fetched here. That could be because gnuplot-nox is already there for some reason.

Anyway try removing all gnuplot packages from your system and then reinstalling it.

Become root:
$ sudo gainroot

Uninstall all gnuplot packages:
# apt-get purge gnuplot*

Reinstall gnuplot:

Also make sure you have the testing repository enabled but not the devel repository (just in case there are packages in both).

Best of luck