Nokia is coming out with a new interactive flash-based N800 Internet Tablet site called The Internet Walk. It shows off the features of the N800 in funny ways -- identify a new species of crab while walking on the beach, use Google Maps, walk through hot coals, check the weather while scaling a snowy mountain peak, and video chat with your mom while bungee jumping. Note also the morphing effect of the legs as it goes from one scene to another. Be prepared however to wait for a minute or two to download the whole flash presentation over broadband. Just an FYI, the main page of Internet Tablet Talk flashes for just about a second when the the flash starts. Also, for those who have been surfing Tableteer via their Internet Tablets,Â* Nokia also just added Internet Tablet Talk under the "Discover" category. Thanks Nokia!!! Head on to the The Internet Walk - Internet Tablet Talk preview: http://theinternetwalk.com/internettablettalk
Read the full article.

The site is a bit stupidly set up, it refuses my fully working Konqueror browser saying it doesn't support frames, it doesn't support flash etc. etc. etc.
Anyway, the direct link to the flash (or at least the one it starts with -- there may be more for all I know but haven't checked yet) is http://www.theinternetwalk.com/main-main.swf and you can just e.g. wget it and run it locally.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
The site is a bit stupidly set up, it refuses my fully working Konqueror browser saying it doesn't support frames, it doesn't support flash etc. etc. etc.
Anyway, the direct link to the flash (or at least the one it starts with -- there may be more for all I know but haven't checked yet) is http://www.theinternetwalk.com/main-main.swf and you can just e.g. wget it and run it locally.
I love irony.

I think he was having problems running the site from KDE not necessarily from his n800, also if it didn't work on an n800 that wouldn't be ironic, since its advertisement aimed at people who don't have one/know what one is.

Can you use Last.FM with a n800?? Lucky buggers! Actually can you use it with the 770? I just assumed it was impossible...

Thit refuses my fully working Konqueror browser saying it doesn't support frames, it doesn't support flash etc. etc. etc.
No pain - no gain!

Can you use Last.FM with a n800??
Yes, via flash player embedded in webpage. But with known bug: if display dimmed off - all sound stopped. I.e. unusable.

The site is a bit stupidly set up, it refuses my fully working
Konqueror browser saying it doesn't support frames, it doesn't support flash etc. etc. etc.

Anyway, the direct link to the flash (or at least the one it starts with -- there may be more
for all I know but haven't checked yet) is http://www.theinternetwalk.com/main-main.
swf
and you can just e.g. wget it and run it locally.
It also doesn't work with my n800. I get a page that says "no flash 8" The direct link loads, but does not seem to function properly.

Well, the n800 flash is flash7, so it probably won't work.
(As to those replying to my first post - Konqueror is on the desktop obviously, it has as good flash- and frames support as any browser including Firefox, but the web site is doing some not very smart "tests", probably via javascript. Bad site programming.)