Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
I would appriciate if someone can verify if this package is installed by default:
dpkg -l | grep libasound2
Code:
ii  libasound2                  1.0.14sa-2maemo2
ii  libasound2-plugins          1.0.14s-1maemo4
Don't know if it is installed by default but it is installed on my n810.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
libasound2 1.0.14sa-2maemo2 is installed, but I'm not sure that it's enough to update the library without updating the kernel.

The Following User Says Thank You to luca For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
YO Dan,

If you find the GPS---can you test it with the Nook?

Sno
Not sure how it'd be supported, but I'll give it a shot.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Not sure how it'd be supported, but I'll give it a shot.
I think you need something like this on the NC to make it think the BTGPS is internal....

Sno

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

The Following User Says Thank You to Snoshrk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
I think you need something like this on the NC to make it think the BTGPS is internal....

Sno
Maybe we should take this to the Nook Color thread, eh wot?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

danramos, i am interested... price points that attract me are low though $50 to start?

The Following User Says Thank You to IcyMoustache For This Useful Post:
Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
I have a n810, however, every time I try to resurrect it, I find it too slow. Most pages takes to long to load. I used it only when I want to read sites like wikipedia, and I use the mobile site. And here is where the n810 shines for me: the perfect screen size.

I've always thought that It was my n810 that was slow, because everybody here talk great things about it. I flashed it, cssu, etc, but it is still slow.

I'm still interested, I love gadgets, however, I do not know what to do with it :-/

After owning a n810 and a n900, I think my next phone could be the Samsung Galaxy Note: a big nice screen (like the n810) but also a powerful phone (like the n900)

Originally Posted by IcyMoustache View Post
danramos, i am interested... price points that attract me are low though $50 to start?
I should start a bidding thread. :P $50 seems pretty cheap, since the 8GB SD card alone is probably worth a quarter to half of that. ...but I'll keep that offer in mind, since it's all about clearing space.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by luca View Post
libasound2 1.0.14sa-2maemo2 is installed, but I'm not sure that it's enough to update the library without updating the kernel.
It is. The kernel and the library are fairly independent.
Anyway, before updating libalsa, if it is just a matter of some undefined constants, I'd try to add them by hand to the sources and see if that works.

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
It is. The kernel and the library are fairly independent.
Anyway, before updating libalsa, if it is just a matter of some undefined constants, I'd try to add them by hand to the sources and see if that works.
Before you do so: The first constant that breaks has been renamed. I don't know about others, it will take time to read alsa changelogs.

I would prefer not to change stock alsa if possible.

If the others constants are introduced later, adding a constant to the older application may not be enough, since the functionality associated with the constant may be missing.

In any case, I have to remove the dependency on upstart-dev (the only one I had to remove so far).

Last edited by momcilo; 2011-09-09 at 07:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo4, nokia n800, nokia n810