Active Topics

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
HeyTell makes for a good addition too. Not useful for hacking or tweaks, just good to have....
Be sure to post a link so people know what you're talking about. And maybe at least an idea of what it is. Like so:

HeyTell is a push-to-talk application. It lets you, basically, use your phone like a CB (hold the button to speak).

Me, I'm not big on these types of apps but... some people like this sort of thing, so if you dig it...
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
^_^ Yes. I've had a Nook Color for some time. After screwing with a bunch of the ROMs (Froyo/Gingerbread/HC) ~6 months ago, I settled on CM7 on the on-board flash. The full desktop browsing experience (Opera Mobile/Flash) makes it a speedy jumbo n810/n900.

For battery status, if you're just looking for a percentage, CM7 can give that to you on the status bar, Settings->CyanogenMod settings->Interface->Status bar tweaks->Battery Percentage.

I switched from RockPlayer to VitalPlayer (can't remember why).

I'm still looking for finer volume control for headphone listening; "Fine Volume Control" doesn't go low enough.

Other recommendations:
AndFTP (FTP/SFTP client)
DavDrive Lite (on demand WebDav server... substituting for SFTP server)
K-9 Mail (email, IMAP/POP)
Droid48 (HP-48GX calculator emulator)
Dropbox (Because I use it anyway on my computers, and it's a lazy way to send the odd small file to my Nook)
Cut the Rope (cute little physics based game)

The Following User Says Thank You to ashes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
Ok, so I found several GV Dialer apps...tried the official app/widget again and it let me specify my Cell Number(dumbphone -free incoming) Weird, oh well it seems to work

Doh!

I figured out that the app Voice+ (@ work, will update the link later) integrates GV with the built in contacts / dialer /etc...

Life is GOOD!

Now to figure out why Moboplayer shuts the NC down when I try to launch a video....Want this one as it seems much lke MediaBox...

@ least Rockplayer (Lite) works ok.

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

The Following User Says Thank You to Snoshrk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
Doh!

I figured out that the app Voice+ (@ work, will update the link later) integrates GV with the built in contacts / dialer /etc...

Life is GOOD!

Now to figure out why Moboplayer shuts the NC down when I try to launch a video....Want this one as it seems much lke MediaBox...

@ least Rockplayer (Lite) works ok.
I avoid Rockplayer... bleh. Wait... how is Moboplayer shutting it down??
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I avoid Rockplayer... bleh. Wait... how is Moboplayer shutting it down??
Majorly confused

Series of events:

Loaded MoboPlayer
played around with it for a bit
shut down to do something else
launched Mobo again
fiddled with settings ( mp3, etc)
went to play mp4 video (that played decent in RockPlayer)
NC shutdown

boot NC
tried to play video in Moboplayer
NC shutdown

Rinse repeat....

Still confused, but I wiped the NC and re-installed everything and now said video plays fine in Moboplayer...

@danramos

other than the big red R in the corner, what don't you like about Rockplayer?

Sno

Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

@danramos

Continuing on from the "Anyone left ...N8x0 thread"....

Have you had a chance to see if the BT GPS works with the NC?

Originally Posted by ashes View Post
I'm still looking for finer volume control for headphone listening; "Fine Volume Control" doesn't go low enough.
Hi

The original fine volume control app doesn't work with headphones since it made use of the phone earpiece speaker to allow lower volume levels.

We've just released Fine volume control V2 which has been rewritten and will now work on tablets (and with headphones), it's under a new package name : Fine volume control V2

Tags
android, cyanogenmod