Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by stratax View Post
if you go to 7;57 on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6pHR0r-_Sc

he states that meego is more of a "future" os. that doesnt neccisarily mean its dead, does it? lol
I wouldn't be surprised if Nokia World has a MeeGo device announced with the same agenda as the N9.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Romania
N9 support was added to the Nokia Suite:
http://mynokiablog.com/2012/06/20/no...users-rejoice/

Apparently Nokia hasn't abandoned the MeeGo unicorn completely! This can only be good news in regards to the existence of PR 1.3.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Toronto, Canada
Honestly. If a new Maemo/Meego/Meltemi device was announced anytime soon, or even within the next few months or whatever.

I would literally **** my pants.

I would save my pennies for it, but first would need to replace my pants. It is literally the last thing I am expecting.

This "N10" (I like the term "NX" ) would... I dunno... be any good? It might be.

The Nokia Nseries model X. Shortened to NX.

One can only dream...

Of course just to troll, it would run Harmattan, PR1.3

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SolarisSixth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by SolarisSixth View Post
Honestly. If a new Maemo/Meego/Meltemi device was announced anytime soon, or even within the next few months or whatever.

I would literally **** my pants.

I would save my pennies for it, but first would need to replace my pants. It is literally the last thing I am expecting.

This "N10" (I like the term "NX" ) would... I dunno... be any good? It might be.

The Nokia Nseries model X. Shortened to NX.

One can only dream...

Of course just to troll, it would run Harmattan, PR1.3
Yes they fired the entire Maemo/Harmattan/Meltemi team and all of a sudden Nokia will release a Maemo/Harmattan/Meltemi phone out of the blue...

Ok, yeah keep dreaming.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
and L900, keep dreaming about wp8 upgrade, pfffftt new livescreen? What nice feature, N9 still piss all wp out there,

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
and L900, keep dreaming about wp8 upgrade, pfffftt new livescreen? What nice feature, N9 still piss all wp out there,
forget the current Lumias, they were only good for some "beta-testing"...incomplete OS, infantile issues...
but reading about WP8 and its intended capabilities makes me think a little further...
I´m wondering what´ll be the mulititasking like on WP8...
if it´s solid enough on some "Lumia 1000" hardware with HD screen, dual-core CPU and PureView camera I guess I might actually give it a shot...

Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post
forget the current Lumias, they were only good for some "beta-testing"...incomplete OS, infantile issues...
but reading about WP8 and its intended capabilities makes me think a little further...
if it´s solid enough on some "Lumia 1000" hardware with HD screen, dual-core CPU and PureView camera I guess I might actually give it a shot...
Let's not fool ourselves, no Lumia's for me, ever.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
You guys act as if Elop took the computers that were being used to develop Maemo, MeeGo and Meltemi and threw them in an empty oil drum and burned them in front of every Nokia employee. . .

The Following User Says Thank You to automagic68 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post
Even if it is half decent.....
I'm not going to back a strategy that killed any chance for Maemo/MeeGo/Meltemi/Qt.
At this point, I'd buy a WP8 phone from anyone BUT Nokia...
But I'm not convinced that WP8 is even close (overall) to iOS6 & Jelly Bean yet.
Sure there'll be areas that it's stronger, but on-balance I suspect that it'll STILL lose the feature count.
But there needs to be way more comparative analysis, it's far too early to say anything w/certainty.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-06-21 at 09:36. Reason: typo

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Even if it is half decent......
I'm not going to back a strategy that killed any chance for Maemo/MeeGo/Meltemi/Qt.
At this point, I'd buy a WP8 phone from anyone BUT Nokia...
But I'm not convinced that WP8 is even close (overall) to iOS6 & Android yet.
There needs to be way more comparative analysis, it's far too early to say anything.
The only thing they do at this point is use offline maps.

Had apple been smart it would have licensed Nokia maps from Nokia and then apple would have owned a major share of international markets too.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert