Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
WorldTV99 just got better. The newly released Kmplayer 0.8.4-1 has onscreen features to make WorldTV99 one step closer to become a TV.
Either dl or click on it to install from app manager, https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...elease_id=1899.

Then dl the WorldTV99_9.1.m3u.txt and rename it to WorldTV99_9.1.m3u and open with kmplayer. You are watching the world TV!

Enhancement:
1) On fullscreen, taps on R upper corner will activate an onscreen menu bar, that allows one to move backward (<) or forward (>) on the playlist, i.e. switching channels, tapping the check mark makes the selection. Now one can change channels and watch full screen without having to flip back and forth between window screen and full screen. Very nice, koos.

2) The Dpad also works now for channel selection.

This is a big enhancement for WorldTV99, thank you koos.

Enjoy,

bun

That many French channels? Don't work too hard, bun. Just kidding. I majored in German in college, but also studied French and a bunch of other languages. I am liking Diablo more and more: there is clear improvement in video quality.

Originally Posted by ch8xy View Post
... I am liking Diablo more and more: there is clear improvement in video quality.
Could you please give more details? Thanks.

Have you tried the kmplayer 0.8.4-1, I was the beta tester. How do you like it? Cosmetically, I have NOTHING to do with it .

bun

@ch8xy: wow, where on earth do you find such a station. video resolution 360 X 288 = 103,600, i.e. 35% higher in resolution than the usual 320X240 and incredible, the tablet plays it smoothly under media player. I am google bfm to find more, their stations are purely gold to the tablet.

bun

Forgot where I found the bfm feed. I don't have technical knowledge like you do, so can't give you quantitative mesurement, but there are videos that I watch almost daily, and to my eyes images got sharper after the upgrade to diablo. I will play with the new kmplayer and give you some feedback soon.

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
WorldTV99 just got better. The newly released Kmplayer 0.8.4-1 has onscreen features to make WorldTV99 one step closer to become a TV.
Either dl or click on it to install from app manager, https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...elease_id=1899.

bun
I was
trying to install the kmplayer_0.8.4-1_armel.deb but at the aplication manager it says that it cannot be install because aplication packages missing ( libglib , libhildonfm, libhildonhelp, libosso, libssl )
how can i solve thid problem?
thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to tori For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tori View Post
I was
trying to install the kmplayer_0.8.4-1_armel.deb but at the aplication manager it says that it cannot be install because aplication packages missing ( libglib , libhildonfm, libhildonhelp, libosso, libssl )
how can i solve thid problem?
thanks
Please try this one,
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/kmplayer/,

or this one,
http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...ee/k/kmplayer/.

One of this should work fo chinook.

Hey, where is my feedback and your vote for a few best TV stations, pleeeeeeeeeeeese?

bun

umm...
It is very very heavy,
a lot of time is says it doesnt respond
most of international stations don't wort
and., i dont understand how to add more mms which are not listed there..
thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to tori For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tori View Post
umm...
It is very very heavy,
a lot of time is says it doesnt respond
most of international stations don't wort
and., i dont understand how to add more mms which are not listed there..
thanks
Thanks for the honest feedback.....sometimes people like 'dishonest' feedback. Just kidding

Which version you are referring to? version 2,3,4,5 just came out in lest than 3 weeks. Have not gotten to clear house. But version 1 should be working on each and every single channel. If it does not work, all you have to is switching to the other player. Some stream only with mplayer and some stream only with media player, and some stream with both. In general, mplayer render more different formats while media player does a slightly better job in rendering. Why is that so many different formats? The industry has NOT and probably will not come to a standard for awhile. Again, I repeat, the worst evaluation of any product/software is a complete dead silence. Thanks for the feedback, we will make some change. Yes, we, bun is getting a new partner......coming soon!

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-07-13 at 03:05.

hey bun, I wish you luck and hope you can do the best
but as i've said b4, i couldnt find a real benefiete by using this, why cant we use tham directly over the built in media player (wouldnt be easier if you can suggest how to add more codecs to it?)
so these working station i watch on the built in media player and it goes much smoothly and faster, abouterthe stations i'm usuing lists 1 abd 5ab, but sorry to say that most of international stations don't work.
just my feedback, i hope you accept it on the better side
anyway thanks for trying it here and wish you the best