Active Topics

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Germany
I also agree with pycage, overall I am really happy with this phone

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xkkkx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Since this update I am mostly very happy with my Jolla. I have only two serious problems remaining:
  1. No 3G possible in North America. Radio doesn't cover enough bands. OK, so that's a hardware issue. Not expecting a software solution.
  2. Calendar is still useless for me. This is my biggest problem. Sailfish helpfully offsets all my events by 8 hours, so that a 7pm appointment starts at 11am instead; I don't receive notifications, and I have to dig into the Calendar app with its lousy UI and non-existent configurability to see my agenda.

Otherwise mostly good. Occasional green LED flickering and 30 seconds of blank screen, but maybe that's a low memory condition. Apart from the Calendar, which is still disastrous, I agree with pycage that Sailfish is now well ahead of Harmattan. The browser improvement (not loading the last tab) is significant, too.

The Following User Says Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Yunfu city,Guangdong province,China
how can i update by terminal?
http://bbs.dospy.com/forum-315-1.html

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by yaliang View Post
how can i update by terminal?
ssu re 1.0.7.16
ssu ur
version --dup

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Yunfu city,Guangdong province,China
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
ssu re 1.0.7.16
ssu ur
version --dup
you were late.i have tried pkcon update and now the jollaphone could not open any native app. also i cant reset the phone.what should i do

if you enabled developer mode, you can ssh to the phone and issue commands posted.
if you can open terminal, that will also work.

last resort, is recovery mode to set back to factory state - that will wipe all data, pictures etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
if you enabled developer mode, you can ssh to the phone and issue commands posted.
if you can open terminal, that will also work.

last resort, is recovery mode to set back to factory state - that will wipe all data, pictures etc.
i forget whether i enable that.now i dont konw the ip address and username.i heart that recovery need 1.0.3 but mind is 1.0.2

Last edited by yaliang; 2014-06-22 at 16:55.

Originally Posted by yaliang View Post
i forget whether i enable that.now i dont konw the ip address and username.i heart that recovery need 1.0.3 but mind is 1.0.2
You cannot run 'pkcon update' if you haven't enabled develop mode.

The username is 'nemo'.
You may find the ip address from your home wifi router; the hostname of the phone in early versions is 'localhost'.
Another method is to sweep-scan your local wlan using a network scanner (e.g. nmap -sP ) and look for the host whose MAC beginning with 50:56:a8

Last edited by gexc; 2014-06-22 at 17:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to gexc For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by gexc View Post
You cannot run 'pkcon update' if you haven't enabled develop mode.

The username is 'nemo'.
You may find the ip address from your home wifi router; the hostname of the phone in early versions is 'localhost'.
Another method is to sweep-scan your local wlan using a network scanner (e.g. nmap -sP ) and look for the host whose MAC beginning with 50:56:a8
Good advice except for one important detail; You'd need t know the password too.
Unless you specifically set it to something you want when enabling developer mode, it will autogenerate a random password for you (if I remember correctly...)

Theres pretty much no way you can ssh to the device unless you know the password...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Good advice except for one important detail; You'd need t know the password too.
Unless you specifically set it to something you want when enabling developer mode, it will autogenerate a random password for you (if I remember correctly...)

Theres pretty much no way you can ssh to the device unless you know the password...
True, except recovery - which, unfortunately erases everything...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
party