Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Let me put it this way. On my N810 I get a little over 4 hours of video playback and all-day screen-off mp3 playback (10+ hours). I understand the N810 has somewhat better battery management than the N800 but not NEARLY as much as to account for such a disrepancy.
He's not the only one with dismal battery times on an n800.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by ralphb View Post
I got the "Internet Tablet" thing from The Register.
Nokia made very clear a year ago that the "Internet Tablet" name ended with the N810/N810 WiMAX Edition. The Register, like a number of other online news sites, hasn't caught up with that yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Nokia made very clear a year ago that the "Internet Tablet" name ended with the N810/N810 WiMAX Edition.
which, i fear, makes it very unlikely that we'll see any more hardware with maemo that could be used as a tablet/MID.

they mean what they say.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
which, i fear, makes it very unlikely that we'll see any more hardware with maemo that could be used as a tablet/MID.

they mean what they say.
How would you not be able to use the N900 as a tablet/MID? That's exactly what I'm planning on doing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Mobile phones are usually quoted with talk-time and standby-time. These two, at least, are conspicuously lacking for the N900. I surmise, therefore, that they are embarrassingly low.
From the data sheet :

Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
Battery Times:

Always online: Up to 2-4 days (TCP/IP connected)
Talk time: Up to 5hrs WCDMA, 9hrs GSM
Active online usage: Up to 1+ day
personal email accounts

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
From the data sheet :
What "data sheet"? Link please.

Why is this information not in the "techhnical specifications"?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
What "data sheet"? Link please.
Can't handily dig up the Nokia link, so here's a blog mirror.

Why is this information not in the "techhnical specifications"?
Quite possibly because the software hasn't been finalized and those figures may change, or else the marketing people are fail (as usual). Or both.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
While 'internet tablet' name is gone maemo.nokia.org is promoting 'mobile computer' phrase. It is possible to release 'mobile computer' without GSM module.

Some rumors mention second maemo 5 device in Q1 2010. Now we can only guess if it will be even more top-of-the-line thing like mocked up e900 or desired by many 'upgrade for n800'. I find latter unlikely (unfortunately) but it is possible and not totally against current positioning of maemo on the market.

More loud thinking:

IMO second rumored device will be a phone. But not all hope is lost! It was confirmed (afair Peter@maemo himself wrote it so it is quite official) that Nokia will create something called 'Maemo Devices'. You don't create separate entity for one line of products.

Also one of the things which supposedly hurt IT in the past was brand Nokia with lack of phone possibilities. M100 by Maemo Devices should't be hurt by such association.

My dream: in Q1 we will see two devices based on maemo 5. One will be upgraded somehow n900. Second first product of new company, 'old school' internet tablet - maybe slightly bigger than oldies.

The Following User Says Thank You to vvaz For This Useful Post:
Why they put 3 line keyboards? When you try to press 1 button you end up pressing 2-4....

What i would instant buy this device is:

1) A good 8MP camera.
2) Not resistive screen
3) A version without the keyboard, full touch