Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Check your Google account is authenticated (go to Settings -> Accounts -> Google account) and check that you are signed in, my Jolla keeps signing me out several times a day, requiring me to re-authenticate.

Gmail, when selecting new email notification from notification screen, email app is loaded however no email content is shown. have to go back to inbox and then open email to view contents

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Germany
Yes I'm authenticated

Originally Posted by kpblxa View Post
Gmail, when selecting new email notification from notification screen, email app is loaded however no email content is shown. have to go back to inbox and then open email to view contents
Apparently it's a known problem (when opening just one email from a notification), and will be fixed in a future update. Pretty sure a very similar bug existed on either N9 or N900.

Code:
 grep -H -r "XYZ" /
Restarts the device

Edit: mc through ssh, mc/connection locks up (search * starting from / with content XYZ, which should be more or less the same as above), fingerterm with mc, mc lockup, bare grep from fingerterm (sudo or nemo) insta powerdown after a while and reboot

Last edited by szopin; 2013-12-18 at 20:53. Reason: clarifications

After enabling developer mode, sometimes when plugging in the charger the phone offers: PC connect/PC connect developer mode/Charging options. I believe the first time it did that I selected PC Connect mode without noticing the weirdness and the device did not get fried, now paying attention which cable I'm plugging in

EDIT: not easily reproducible, happened after reboot, subsequent cable insertions result in correct straight to charging behaviour

Last edited by szopin; 2013-12-18 at 14:22.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by michdeskunk View Post
i add:

- in the notifications screen e-mails don't appear and for update e-mail you have to enter in email application
you mean your scheduling sync is not working properly ? because email notifications are supported for sure.

Originally Posted by michdeskunk View Post
- account email like hotmail does not exist and created from email account does not work (there are less accounts)
Are you sure you entered correct settings ? hotmail works fine for me, I can configure it using "Email" or "Microsoft Exchange" accounts.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Apparently it's a known problem (when opening just one email from a notification), and will be fixed in a future update. Pretty sure a very similar bug existed on either N9 or N900.
Don't remember similar bug in N9 for sure not the same cause

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
My second day with Jolla and I need to get this off my chest...

Email Bug: You only get a single email alert for the first new email, then no alerts for subsequent new emails until you read the first. This was a bug in Harmattan, so disappointing to see that after 2+ years of waiting, Jolla have seen fit to repeat the same mistakes.
This does not seem like a bug to me, personally I would be very annoyed if my device beeps for each email I get, but if there are users that want this, it can be considered as a setting, very unlikely a default.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
This does not seem like a bug to me, personally I would be very annoyed if my device beeps for each email I get, but if there are users that want this, it can be considered as a setting, very unlikely a default.
Are you unhappy that your phone beeps every time you receive an SMS? Why should email be treated differently?

The problem being that if you are out of hearing range when the first email arrives, you never know you've got a stack of new emails waiting to be read until you pick up your phone and look at the lock screen, as it doesn't alert you to the arrival of subsequent emails. I'd be happy for it to be an option, though I really don't see why the current behaviour is the default, no other mobile device behaves like this, only N9 and Jolla. I class it as a bug as it's nonsensical behaviour if you depend on email notifications. Obviously it shouldn't beep 5 times if 5 emails arrive together (it should just beep once), but if emails arrive individually, then each arrival should generate a beep/alert.

Adding an option "Alert for all new emails" should be a piece of cake, I've only been waiting 2 years....

Last edited by Milhouse; 2013-12-18 at 17:50.