Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Thats exactly why this should be done by the community. Jolla has to few resources to fokus on stuff that, my guess is very few will use.

* Better twitter feed client or atleast some kind of API to start a external thirdparty clients(tweetian, instead of start browser when click on feed element?)
You keep saying community should do XYZ but never question Jolla's own developer relations. Since they didn't have a native twitter integration (as usual cite lack of resources), did they approach dicksonleong from the onset and work with him to integrate tweetian into their device so that twitter feeds opened in tweetian instead of the browser? Or for that matter did they approach any other N9 twitter app devs for help with integration?

Jolla keep saying the spirit of co-creation is what they are after but I haven't read about a single native app for SailfishOS that was done in such a spirit (exclude Jolla employed developers).

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Most email attachments open ok for me after downloading. pdfs end up in the document app etc. Slightly annoyingly wav files end up in the media app which for me means that the voicemail messages that get emailed to me when I miss a call to my sipgate account get shuffled into my music.

If SIP was supported I'd not have that issue of course.
Have I got you right - The media player is opening your attached wav files? When I click on the attached wav files nothing happens at all.
Do you use imap or pop?

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Have I got you right - The media player is opening your attached wav files? When I click on the attached wav files nothing happens at all.
Do you use imap or pop?
Same here... Nothing opens, not even PDF
Using imap account.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by ridmaur View Post
Is there any clarity on proper Exchange support? I can not make my Jolla work with my Exchange server from work. I guess primarily because of Exchange server policy requests, which are in effect in our company, requiring you to lock your device with a passcode before you can use Exchange.
I've tried several installations, resets, updates but none of them work. I get a verified Exchange configuration setup but then the Email client for Exchange just says 'Updating..." and no emails are appearing.
Any solutions for this?
EAS provisioning is not supported yet, we're working on it.

Originally Posted by michdeskunk View Post
i mean that when i refresh all in notifications screen emails does not refresh.... to update email i have to open the application
That only updates events view stuff, does not call everything that is available to sync in the device

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
That's really strange PDF's work for me.
I'm using a pop account. Thought that could be the reason. But obviously not.

Originally Posted by DrWilken View Post
That's pretty annoying too...

I only have Inbox and Outbox as top-level folders, and Inbox is at the top which makes sense...

Everything else is subfolders of the Inbox, i.e.:
Inbox
Inbox.Spam
Inbox.Sent
Inbox.Newsletters
Inbox.Newsletters.Maemo.org
etc.

I run my own mail server (postfix/dovecot).

Just had a look at my Google account in the mail program, and I see the same thing as You see here.

I would think that the correct way to do it would be to put the 'standard folders' i.e. Inbox, Sent/Outbox, Trash, Spam in the top, and everything below or besides that should just be sorted by name (that's how it's done in RoundCube webmail at least)...?
Folders are shown under their parents, is not mail client fault that they are not in the root, but the standard folders will be shown at top like you suggested, we simple didn't had time to implement that design , rest of the folders will be properly displayed under their parents or root, nothing we can do about that I think.

The Following User Says Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
That's really strange PDF's work for me.
I'm using a pop account. Thought that could be the reason. But obviously not.
Attachments over POP have problems for some accounts, bug identified and fixed will be available in next update.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
Same here... Nothing opens, not even PDF
Using imap account.
What kind of files are you trying to open ? Please note that you need to click once to download and a second time to open the attachment when it is in download state. Not aware of any bug related to imap and attachments.

The Following User Says Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
It's not the solution you want, but as a workaround, if you 'favourite' your ambience from the gallery, you can then swipe sideways from the lockscreen and quickly reselect your own ambience.
True. But I didn't want the possibility to swipe sideways into the Ambience chooser. So I have one favourite Ambience only. What happens now when I take of TheFirstOne OH and put it back, I have the striped Ambience again. I have to go into Gallery, Ambiences, select the striped Ambience to make it a favourite. Then select my original Ambience again, and mark the striped Ambience as not favourite.

I haven't figured out how to adjust the striped Ambience ringtones etc. Selecting another ringtone changes nothing. Somebody calls, there is no piano playing but the Jolla crew shouting. Funny for once, but why not changeable?