Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
endsormeans's Avatar
Posts: 1,869 | Thanked: 4,191 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Supa Natural Vancouver Island
#21
Here?
We don't even keep firmware here...
"Other" as you suggest would be best I'd imagine.
There are a few places safe for it's storage / etc...

Maemo = or < 5 may be fine.... may be excused.. even ....
overlooked ...by "the Powers That Watch"
but higher?
I don't know...
I'd consider that "other" place / places
__________________
Lurker since 2007, Member since 2013, Certifiable since 1972
Owner of : 1-n770 (in retirement),
3-n800's,
3-n810's,
5-n900's
-3 flawless
-1 loose usb (i don't muck with it & stress it , considering selling it, another can fix the loose usb)
-1 no telephony (perfect for permanent set-up as mini-pc with one of my monitors)
half a neo900 pre- "bought"....due for production any day now.


PIMP MY N8X0
Everything you need tightly explained in layman's terms ..in an easy to understand format.. and a video walkthrough to boot.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGS
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAY
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634

THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PRO
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567

AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTS
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 942 | Thanked: 3,036 times | Joined on Oct 2014
#22
i have added links given in this thread to first post
 

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2016
#23
Maybe someone has content image for rest of world (059J1Z5) without maps?

Also, here you can find firmware and content for 003 and 005 variants:
http://www.osk2.me/Nokia%20N9/Firmware/
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to x1f For This Useful Post:
Posts: 108 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ India
#24
Originally Posted by x1f View Post
Maybe someone has content image for rest of world (059J1Z5) without maps?
I do, i'll upload it shortly. done
Also I have a firmware(rootfs) don't know which variant, i renamed the file long ago, i think it is 006 one.
It has this md5sum: 9aac39a24382d3012056ef03416ac711
I can upload if someone wants.

Last edited by tioubxancur; 2016-02-08 at 13:52.
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tioubxancur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,318 | Thanked: 1,505 times | Joined on Mar 2010
#25
For the N9 (64gb) I have...

2D8061AC_DFL61_HARMATTAN_30.2012.07-1.MEA_EMMC_MEA.bin (for middle east and asia.)

And E074DEA5_DFL61_HARMATTAN_30.2012.07-1_PR_LEGACY_006-OEM1-958_ARM.bin Global IIRC

For the N900...

RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

5GB_RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.bin (modified maemo5 with 5gb OS partition)

Need somewhere to upload them as my dropbox account has will no longer allow me to upload anything greater than 250mb.

I have also found Flash player 10 for MicroB whlist digging around too. But we can't share that can we

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2016-02-08 at 14:45.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 942 | Thanked: 3,036 times | Joined on Oct 2014
#26
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
For the N9 (64gb) I have...

2D8061AC_DFL61_HARMATTAN_30.2012.07-1.MEA_EMMC_MEA.bin (for middle east and asia.)

And E074DEA5_DFL61_HARMATTAN_30.2012.07-1_PR_LEGACY_006-OEM1-958_ARM.bin Global IIRC

For the N900...

RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

5GB_RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.bin (modified maemo5 with 5gb OS partition)

Need somewhere to upload them as my dropbox account has will no longer allow me to upload anything greater than 250mb.

I have also found Flash player 10 for MicroB whlist digging around too. But we can't share that can we
I suggest you upload to mega.co.nz
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
mp107's Avatar
Posts: 111 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Poland
#27
Looks like there is some hope - the firmwares seem to be somewhere else...
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/11565220-post6.html
 

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mp107 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 942 | Thanked: 3,036 times | Joined on Oct 2014
#28
Originally Posted by mp107 View Post
Looks like there is some hope - the firmwares seem to be somewhere else...
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/11565220-post6.html
Good.
However i have (donated ) navifirm+ 3.3 and is not able to dl anything.
Will see what v4 brings.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
wicket's Avatar
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 2,202 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
#29
Originally Posted by mp107 View Post
Looks like there is some hope - the firmwares seem to be somewhere else...
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/11565220-post6.html
Fantastic news! Let's hope they've gone for HTTPS this time. I always found it unnerving when downloading something as critical as firmware from the old server.

I think it would be a good idea to create a list on the wiki of all firmware images and their MD5/SHA checksums in case Microsoft ever decide they want to kill this service. This wiki page should probably be locked to the council for editing to prevent sabotage from untrusted sources. Maybe the council could also download a copy of all of the images too for contingency. I know that there could be issues with the legality of redistribution but that can easily be resolved by anonymous upload.
__________________
DebiaN900 - Native Debian on the N900.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer
 

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Münsterland, Germany
#30
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
I think it would be a good idea to create a list on the wiki of all firmware images and their MD5/SHA checksums in case Microsoft ever decide they want to kill this service. This wiki page should probably be locked to the council for editing to prevent sabotage from untrusted sources. Maybe the council could also download a copy of all of the images too for contingency. I know that there could be issues with the legality of redistribution but that can easily be resolved by anonymous upload.
Thank you, that was one of my intentions...
The page should be separated into Models and Variants

which I failed to state in my previous post.


My suggestion:
https://wiki.maemo.org/Firmware

But: As this collection of links might also be capable of stirring up legal problems, I'd like the council to comment on this Idea.

However a list of Filenames and hashes would be a start. Some "collectors" will do the rest, I guess.
 

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xelo For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
mrcrab, n9 firmware, navifirm

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:00.