Posts: 25 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Minneapolis, MN USA
My 2009.41-13 powered N900 just announced that 2009.42.-11 was available, but only via NSU, and not OTA. Running NSU shows no available update. Anyone else with this issue today? Do I need the 'pro' version installed?

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
I'm afraid this is "just" a side effect of an internal release for wider testing. It's probably not for external distribution but I will ask on Monday. It's not just a matter of confidentiality: there is the legal aspect of releasing publicly GPL software (sources need to be provided) and extra technical work (NSU readiness since probably not all the Summit participants are Linux users with access to the regular Linux Flasher.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
I've got the same information and cannot find any way to download and install that firmware.

Any possibility to use tablet updater for that purpose.

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
I'm afraid this is "just" a side effect of an internal release for wider testing. It's probably not for external distribution but I will ask on Monday.
Don't worry too much about it, 42-11 is already out of date anyway and 41-10 (+ Andre's "fixed in xx-yy" comments) is good enough for testing things. Best to let people concentrate on making the release version as good as possible (once that's ready, if someone can find the time to push it to tablets-dev before waiting for sales to start I'm sure no one will complain).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Minneapolis, MN USA
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Best to let people concentrate on making the release version as good as possible (once that's ready, if someone can find the time to push it to tablets-dev before waiting for sales to start I'm sure no one will complain).
They do builds every week on friday anyway; this is not an extra step. The release was pushed to the 'Nokia System Software Updates' catalog, shows up in the updater being 8.2M is size. It will not install however, and tells you to use the NSU.

Of course the SW is down-rev from the tip; that is always true for an build. The teams are used to bugs and reports being cataloged based on version number.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
as long as they give me a fix for the application list that stops scrolling randomly, then I am fine (as the only workaround I know of is to restart) or create shortcut on the desktop and then delete them

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
as long as they give me a fix for the application list that stops scrolling randomly, then I am fine (as the only workaround I know of is to restart) or create shortcut on the desktop and then delete them
Another fix I have noticed is to install an applications (presumably one with an entry in the menu). Not sure if uninstalling will work too. Sorry for the off-topic post...

Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Un/re-installing the last app also seems to fix it.

Originally Posted by fiferboy View Post
Another fix I have noticed is to install an applications (presumably one with an entry in the menu). Not sure if uninstalling will work too. Sorry for the off-topic post...
restarting hildon-deskop works too. For example "killall hildon-desktop"

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
I saw this update show up in the App Manager (Red Pill enabled). It says that the device needs to be connected to a PC? Has anyone updated to this version?

My N900 is running 42-10.