Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by pali View Post
I think the best will be to have one DEB package which download & install anything needed for DSP. Or better also include DSP codecs into DEB...
Yes, I agree with that, or at least a metapackage to install the rest of them.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Romania
I think the best will be to have one DEB package which download & install anything needed for DSP. Or better also include DSP codecs into DEB...
I subscribe to Pali's idea. One vote from me.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Confirming, will test newer DSP codecs to see if it is fixed.

EDIT:

Seems the problems reported from N9 users that PR1.2 breaks video playback are caused by DSP codecs, the newer are worse than the old ones. WTF?
So old version of DSP binaries from N950 repository is better then new in N9 repository?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
So old version of DSP binaries from N950 repository is better then new in N9 repository?
Absolutely, new ones refuse to play high profile h264 and stuff like that, in short the same what N9 users report for PR1.2

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
I'm quite lost - which ones are we using currently, assuming that we installed latest things offered in this thread? Sorry if it was answered before.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
I have not encountered such an issue yet , btw how can one reproduce it? coz mine plays them as usual, tested multiple times, it worked every time. eg file AVC, high@lvl 4.1, with a 12Mbps max bitrate, 720p.( plays around 1 fps which is normal i guess for anything above baseline)

PS: tests were done without SR (If it helps)

/nkirk

The Following User Says Thank You to nkirk For This Useful Post:
There is a problem with the application "A better camera". It's able to take images but not processing them. More people has also reported this issue in KP50 thread.

I suspect that is due to HD codecs rather than kernel. The difference between "Bless N900" and "A Better Camera" is that the latter uses DSP for faster image processing and that is precisely where the app gets stacked.

Apparently there is also a new problem reported with KP50 but is related with module loading.

To confirm the issue I yet need to try with "Bless N900" and then return to "A Better Camera" without HD codecs. I'm running KP49.

Last edited by ivgalvez; 2012-03-27 at 19:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
blessN900 works ok for me with KP50. Image was taken and processed.

Yes, Bless N900 doesn't use the DSP

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
There is a problem with the application "A better camera". It's able to take images but not processing them. More people has also reported this issue in KP50 thread.

I suspect that is due to HD codecs rather than kernel. The difference between "Bless N900" and "A Better Camera" is that the latter uses DSP for faster image processing and that is precisely where the app gets stacked.

Apparently there is also a new problem reported with KP50 but is related with module loading.

To confirm the issue I yet need to try with "Bless N900" and then return to "A Better Camera" without HD codecs. I'm running KP49.
Any idea what is the gstreamer pipeline used by this application?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player