Notices

Poll: Do you think we need a fully functioning Last.fm scrobbler?
Poll Options
Do you think we need a fully functioning Last.fm scrobbler?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
got it working as well, took me to reboots though (dunno why... maybe because I changed my username to lowercase for the second reboot - although I am sure last.fm accepts both lower and uppercase usernames without being case sensitive)

Hi guys,

I am the author of mafw-lastfm. I see that many are interested in giving a hand, trying out, or at least seeing this project mature. I'll try to give you some pointers on how you can help.

First of all, I have to say that I am not a big fan of forums, and for this reason, I don't plan to post here regularly. If you are interested in mafw-lastfm, there is a mailing list where you can contact me and give me as much feedback as you want. The list is mafw-lastfm-devel@garage.maemo.org . You can subscribe at this address: https://garage.maemo.org/mailman/lis...w-lastfm-devel

Second. I am developing mafw-lastfm in my free time (which is quite scarce, to be honest), and most of the motivation comes from knowing that it works. Right now, it works for me, with some minor quirks, of course. Since that's all the feedback I get, I feel satisfied with it. However, now that I read that it doesn't work properly for some of you, my motivation to work on it grows. That's how it goes, as simple as that. Therefore, if you have specific issues that would like to comment with me, please join the mailing list. Write. It doesn't matter if you are just a user. Any feedback I get will help me to find some extra motivation to fix whatever is not working.

So, that's basically it. I'll be waiting for your comments in the mailing list. Sorry if I don't come here often, but as I said, I don't have much time to keep up with forums.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to csaavedra For This Useful Post:
for all the n900 users I made a group http://www.last.fm/group/Nokia+N900+scrobbler

I still don't seem to have got it working... any tips on what to check? I've done ps | grep lastfm and the process is running. Can someone confirm it works with the standard N900 media player?

Hey... any way we can get this to scrobble internet radio stations... I'm listening to 1.fm right now, and when the song changed dbus-monitor sees:

method return sender=:1.20 -> dest=:1.406 reply_serial=429
int32 197
signal sender=:1.52 -> dest=(null destination) serial=580 path=/com/nokia/mafw/renderer/gstrenderer; interface=com.nokia.mafw.renderer; member=metadata_changed
string "title"
uint32 1
variant string "www.jennfervaughn.com - 1.FM"
signal sender=:1.52 -> dest=(null destination) serial=581 path=/com/nokia/mafw/renderer/gstrenderer; interface=com.nokia.mafw.renderer; member=metadata_changed
string "title"
uint32 1
variant string "Static-X - - My Damnation -"

From that I assume it's artist - ? - title - ?

mafw-lasfm was running but didn't scrobble anything

I verified that it is scrobbling for mp3s, so its not dead. It just doesn't support internet radio dbus messages.

The Following User Says Thank You to schettj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
As mentioned, please ask on the project's mailing list.

I just tried mafw-lastfm and it actually works great ^^ i installed it, put in my username and password in the options, then restarted the n900 and played some songs in the standard media player.

While listening i opened last.fm in the browser and ... tada... the songs are there

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin TX
Originally Posted by BoeMatic View Post
I just tried mafw-lastfm and it actually works great ^^ i installed it, put in my username and password in the options, then restarted the n900 and played some songs in the standard media player.

While listening i opened last.fm in the browser and ... tada... the songs are there
How do you put in your username & password? I just installed it & don't see it under apps. do I have to enter the Username in X Terminal?

Originally Posted by Strive_Masiwa View Post
How do you put in your username & password? I just installed it & don't see it under apps. do I have to enter the Username in X Terminal?
You can find it in the settings (from the n900 itself) at the bottom

If it matters at all, I have never gotten mafw-lastfm to work. I never get any errors or anything making it look like it's scrobbling to last.fm. I know that my username and password is correct.

Tags
application, audioscrobbler, fremantle, last.fm, last.fm scrobbler, maemo, maemo 5, mafw-lastfm, request, scrobbler, social networking, vagalume