Active Topics

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
Quick question, does NFC have the capability one day to be paired up with lets say a NFC HDMI Video adapter, or is the communication speed not rapid enough to stream video?
Maybe... it uses NFC just for pairing but bluetooth to stream, at least in the 360 speaker case. maybe it's part of the NFC spec, using bluetooth everytime.

But it uses 4.0 bluetooth, right? How fast is that? I know that Sony have wireless HDMI transmitters for some of their Home teather products, but dunno the speed needed for 720/1080p transmitting.

EDIT: yeah, it can be used with Wifi, so it should be possible

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_Field_Communication

Last edited by Verythrax; 2011-06-21 at 15:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to Verythrax For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
That's an E7.
No, it's not.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BK201 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 135 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
No, it's not.
Then --->

vi_
Originally Posted by damion View Post

yeeeah... For the new year resolution, i vowed to stop at 4 rows, but after having to scroll up and down through the list as i kept hitting in to the 5th row i gave up.

I don't think i can take this phone out of the building, but i'll find out if i'm allowed later.

Looking forward to getting a terminal open and trying ssh, it's all i'm interested in.

dude.

Post boot log now.

Now.

Dmesg.

Now.
PLOXXOR

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
That's an E7.
No, It's clearly not.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chrome For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
@Brock and others from Germany:

http://blog.ovi.com/2011/06/21/be-a-...aps-and-drive/

Look at the screenshots... The maps preloaded are for D-A-CH region and operator is our good old Rosa Riese... So chances that the phone will come to Germany are 100% I'd say...
Nokia Maps is mostly developed in Berlin/Germany from Gate5.

That's an E7.
Not.
Take a look at the sides.

Do you have the 12mpix or 8mpix model?

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2011-06-21 at 15:10.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Austria
Originally Posted by damion View Post
OH YOUR GOD! I did not know that one of my colleages had a **cking n950 in her desk draw. Charging it now. I knew we'd had access to the n97 and n900 months before release, but I kinda assumed we wouldn't have this device. The company I work for partners with Nokia for some stuff.
So please provide us with usefull information.

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
As I said before this device is going to Asia to combat iPhone. It has no chance in USA
Demographics of Europe

Asia accounts for over 60% of the world population with more than 4 billion people. China and India together have about 37 percent of the world's population. Africa follows with 1 billion people, 15% of the world's population. Europe's 733 million people make up 11% of the world's population. Latin America and the Caribbean region is home to 589 million (9%), Northern America is to 352 million (5%) and Oceania to 35 million ( 0.5 %).[6]

I think even Europe is more important then USA, where iO$ has greater share (44% vs 36%).
Attached Images

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by Verythrax View Post
You just need a couple of clicks, not THAT wasted effort.
No thanks. I don't like giving login info unnecessarily either. And what's to stop me* writing a script, signing up for 500 Twitter accounts and signing this petition over and over? So where's the value?

Money talks. Twitter is great for holding politicians to account, but who buys what is more likely to influence Nokia than any number of Twit-things.

* CAPTCHA doesn't count; you can easily have the script present you just the captcha if you're bored, or farm that out if you have $10

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Maybe... it uses NFC just for pairing but bluetooth to stream, at least in the 360 speaker case. maybe it's part of the NFC spec, using bluetooth everytime.

But it uses 4.0 bluetooth, right? How fast is that?
bizarrely enough, that is listed as a feature for meego 1.3, so it looks like harmattan is moving faster than meego in various areas.

i've seen BT4.0 reported, but no spec sheet says more than 2.1+EDR.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:

But it uses 4.0 bluetooth, right? How fast is that? I know that Sony have wireless HDMI transmitters for some of their Home teather products, but dunno the speed needed for 720/1080p transmitting.

EDIT: yeah, it can be used with Wifi, so it should be possible

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_Field_Communication
Specs so far have mentioned bluetooth 2.1

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland