Originally Posted by great_uq View Post
I made custom DIY pouch using cowhide leather from old jacket combine with velvet material for interior and it fits perfectly on my N900...
that sounds pretty nice. I plan on making a case out of duct tape and using that for a while, until something I like gets made. There isn't any good looking cases that have a headphone slot, it's annoying.

i bought case from 99 p shop for cameras its not good to look at but protects the n900 great and fits in nicely till i get my Noreve case

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I bought a custom made pouch (you give them the size specs and they produce it accordingly) at www.raedan.de

Originally Posted by marauder View Post
I received the Vikuiti ARM-200, and just like the Vikuiti DQC-160 other users have been talking about, this is also a few mm too large on both sides. It just won't fit correctly on the screen unless you cut it down to size... very unprofessional.

I wrote to schutzfolien24.de about this issue (I have some pictures also) asking them if all Vikuiti have been cut to the wrong size and they replied they will send me another Vikuiti screen protector... not sure they got the point.

I miss the Brando screen protector!
Yeah, I agree it is not so nice Vikuiti is wrong size, but it seems like a very good screen protector. Does not interfere with the screen quality, seems very resilient too, and easy to apply, reapply. Works great with stylus and fingers, no complaints.

Assuming you cut it down a bit before starting to apply it. Using a basic office paper cutter that can cut straight lines produced good results for me with minimal effort.

Not saying it should be like this, of course it shouldn't, just offering my experience. I chose to stay with Vikuiti because otherwise it fits the bill great and the chances of being dissatisfied by some other protector were too much of a hassle for me. Better to just cut this one down proper because otherwise it was so good.

I'm sure there are other good screen protectors out there, ones with proper size too, but historically I know it is such a hit and miss game that I'm happy to with Vikuiti because it does what it means to do very well once you slice a millimiter here and there. I have no desire to restart the hunt for a perfect screen protector.

Last edited by iJanne; 2009-11-29 at 11:18.

Originally Posted by Taigatrommel View Post
I have a Vikuiti DQC-160 screen protector laying around right beside my monitor. Of course I can't say anything about it - since the N900 itself isn't even shipped yet.

My decission for Vikuiti was based on quite some reasearch in several PDA and smartphone forums. Durasec only got very mixed comments, especially a sticky film when removing the protector appeared in some comments. Vikuiti protectors recieved basicly complete positive comments.

In addition to that, schutzfolien24.de offers free shipping for germany. So I only paid about 9,- €uros for the protector. Delivery was fast, ordered on sunday evening, it got shipped monday morning and I got it on tuesday.
Their international site would be protectionfilms24.com, just search for the N900.
Vikuiti is very, very good.

Just read my experience before applying it:

Got the Vikuiti DQC-160 screen protector for N900. It looks very solid and is of the type you can remove and replace anytime without problems or residue. One slight problem, it is a bit too large - I used a straight-line paper cutter to cut a millimeter or so from two sides and now it works great. Absolutely lets the screen shine and so far no problems with touch working with either finger or stylus. I'm getting some more for future replacement needs. But beware, a bit cutting may be required if all are a tad big for production units.
You should check its size and cut if necessary before removing the protecting layer.

My favorite screen protector is the Boxwave ClearTouch. I've had them on various Treos and Zauruses and my N800 over the years and find it to be my favorite.

They don't yet have a custom model for the N900, but typically if enough people ask for it, they come up with one quickly. If you like Boxwave, or would at least like the option, go to their website and request that they make one for the N900.

http://www.boxwave.com/community/req...st_model_1.htm

Thanks,

--Jim--

Ahh, thanks for that link jjd! I have been holding out for them.

I really liked the Boxwave ClearTouch Anti-Glare that has survived well on my n810 for ~20 months (and still going).

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Madison, WI
I just bought a clear screen protector from foreverfitters.com (http://www.foreverfitters.com/servle...-Screen/Detail). The protector seems to avoid any of the sensors. I'll let you guys know more when I get it. Anyone else purchase from them?

i ordered this screen protector from from amazon,
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ss_T15_product
Im still looking for a simple slip in pouch for the n900 something like this
http://www.amazon.com/T-Mobile-HTC-G.../dp/B001OOEQJ2
hoping one pops up soon or im hoping that the n900 will slip into my old g1 pouch.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
http://www.expansys.co.nz/d.aspx?i=192007

NZ$37.99 (excl)

If you order this product before 1pm NZT today, NZ customers can expect shipment in 10 working days. Standard delivery cost for this item is NZ$45.00 (excl)

lol the shipping cost more than the product itself lol

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector