Active Topics

Notices

BlessN900 provides high-quality zoom, blur and noise free photos in low light, HDR imaging and more.

New version (0.41) is released (it's in extras-devel now).
Changes:
+ compatibility with PR1.3 (still works with PR1.2)
+ much higher quality of zoom (however, it's slower now)
+ zoom levels x1.5, x2, x3, x4
+ self-timer
+ shooting of series of images: burst, exposure bracketing, focus bracketing
+ shallow focus (beta) - take pro-like portrait images with the subject in focus and the background out-of-focus
+ settings: white balance, expocorrection, ISO
+ geotagging (beta)

The Following 86 Users Say Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post:
acvetkov, anapospastos, AnasSyria, ArchiMark, Bartcore3, berlinermaxe, bipinbn, BluesLee, bobbydoedoe, br1zer, casketizer, Chrome, corduroysack, Cue, cyapalmos, Daneel, Death Scythe, dgls82, dizzy, Drekkie, eMiL, etuoyo, EugeneS, fcrochik, fuyoh, fw190, gazza_d, geneven, Guffaw, handaxe, ivgalvez, JamesBond@ge, jaykup, jd4200, JimKnopf, JKO65, kent_autistic, kevloral, klinglerware, kornolio, lorvixi, Macros, magullo, Mandibela, mele, Mentalist Traceur, moepda, Mr. Incredible, Mr.bot, n900hacker, Natan_xy, Netweaver, Nikem, nishkarsh, NokTokDaddy, panjgoori, peppe78, peter2p, petur, phapsubongtoi, phil4444, purgiaali, quingu, raily, RobbH, Roth, rotoflex, saned, scottadamsjnr, smartypants, stochashtic, strange1712, taike_hk, theonelaw, Tiboric, Timothy CHAN, uros, v13, Vento, vielfrass, Vlad_on_the_road, Xagoln, yogi900, zetagi, zillertal
Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
Great update for this app. Dont have now time actually test it, but it looks so much better and is much faster than earlier version.

Cool!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mele For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Whew! Quite an update and some.....
Overall better image quality IMO. Still playing but so far a bug i that screen blanks and won't come back to blessn900. Closing lens cover or using screen lock slider does the trick.
Kudos again.... still shocked

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 71 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Malaysia
tested it and as above said, one of the bug is the screen wont come back when it get blanked.

also, is it normal that hq mode resulting in pictures divided with boxes ?

Last edited by fuyoh; 2010-11-04 at 10:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to fuyoh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fuyoh View Post
also, is it normal that hq mode resulting in pictures divided with boxes ?
could you please post an example?

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by eugene.panich View Post
could you please post an example?
looks like i accidentally enable an option for that.. sorry for the confusion.

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
this doesn't show up in update in app manager, i have devels enabled and blessn900 installed

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
This is looking really great. I just did some 'good light' testing, for the zooming and the shallow modes. This evening I'll do some low light and HDR testing.

How does the 'shallow' mode work ? Where to take the focus from ? Or is always middle of the screen ? I did some experimenting with holding the focus key and moving slightly away from the focused object but I got not so good results.
Do we have to keep all centered for now ? No spot focus selection possible ? Or next version

Anyway, great new release. Little bug after returning from blanking as said before but easy manageable. But I did have a few times Bless crashing on me though. No messages, nothing to the user. Just closed. Gone. Bizarre...

Looking forward for the fixes/newer versions.

The Following User Says Thank You to Netweaver For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
this doesn't show up in update in app manager, i have devels enabled and blessn900 installed
Same here - App Manager only shows v 0.35-1 on mine. Any ideas?

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
Some very nice improvements to this very useful app - every N900 should have this!

I particularly like the way the multiple images are displayed whilst the app does its thing and combines them.

Some great speed improvements, and seems quite stable so far.

Now if you could do the same for the video camera...

The Following User Says Thank You to NokTokDaddy For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera, nokia n900