Seriously, no need to get all nervous because of a thread like this.

Just go and vote in this poll...

or check the "new thing" from our same insightful h3llscisors: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=51317

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ reading, uk
Originally Posted by vmajor View Post
Personally, I am now a lot more satisfied with my N900 when I stopped thinking of it as a phone. It is not a phone, it is an ultra portable linux appliance with focus on the internet and data networking. I have yet to make a single GSM/UMTS voice call - I only use Skype out over 3/3.5G or WiFi.

I use the N900 so much now that I have to remember to switch to my laptop. The N900 cannot replace my desktop workstation, but it has severely cut into the time that I spend using my laptop.

With a fast WiFi connection the MicroB and even Firefox browsers are extremely fast and responsive, I now also have full ssh access through xterm, and push email across three of my main accounts works very well.

I mean this tiny N900 multitasks so well and quickly enough that it is stretching my own information processing ability... iPhone, Android, cannot do this. The comical iPhone OS 4 "multitasking" does not rate a mention.

The mechanical keyboard is awesome too and messaging works in a really clever way.

My recent "discovery" of the web page zooming gestures also transformed my browsing experience - continuous zooming on the MicroB beats multi touch hands down.

Yes, many basic things do not work and I am as eager as anyone to have them enabled or fixed, but right now, for me, there is simply nothing better than my N900.

V.
yeah the problem is you have bought a mini computer that you have to pay monthly for after all your paying for the phone part really.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
merged 20 posts from thread about loosing fate in nokia

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
[QUOTE=mrojas;624636]I would encourage everyone (specially the loud ones) to take some time and read this blog:

Communities Dominate Brands

written by Tomi Ahonen, a top mobile european consultant./QUOTE]

Amen. This man is a big inspiration and role model for me. A true visionary, he's never wrong, knows the business, and see things years in advance. He always balances my daily blog surf.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Nu1st Street, Iron Triange, Richmond, CA
Did I miss something, or does the N900 not make calls in a variety of ways anymore? I heard something about video calls also too. Left behind? Far from it. Silly notion.

this thread gets thinking. since devices booting to another os is more common now, and what if meego turns out completely pathetic when production for n9 is released. which i might add is completely possible. do u guys think we could boot up maemo 5 on other devices?

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
can there be a seperate section for love/hate threads?
im kinda bored of these kinda threads
some complain about nokia..
some thank n900
some hate apple..

im glad u love/hate nokia/apple but why tell me?
and u think u telling me will change ANYTHING?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Via complaints, fMMS was born.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Via complaints frals, fMMS was born.
Sorry, not even close.

FTFY

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Sorry, not even close.

FTFY
Pfft. If it existed and came from Nokia out of the box, he wouldn't have had anything to develop. If people weren't criticizing Nokia about not including it, he would not have had anything to resolve.

And if he listened to all of the "I don't need MMS" diehard Nokia folks, he wouldn't have done it. Instead, he listened to the complainers...

I get your point. But this is one where the complainers got traction on getting something done. The other folks that are just so gosh darn happy with everything right now, well... you see how that's gone so far.

No traction on getting things resolved, updated, fixed, or handed over more quickly.

Tags
fud, fud-ohwait-not, just shoot me, open source