Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Possibly Dumb question, but what should the Low Power Mode do?

After issuing the command as root and rebooting i see no result?
I figure it should display something on the screen while locked? Or what is LPM doing at all? Do i have to activate something additional?
Thx

Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
It is easy to reproduce: open 4 apps, in homescreen in landscape. Then enter one of the app, switch back to portait, return to homescreen => it doesn't update the layout, so tries to show the 4 app widget on a single line, but only the 2 in the middle fit the screen.
Got this too and would be interested in a solution.

Last edited by mosen; 2020-08-10 at 21:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Possibly Dumb question, but what should the Low Power Mode do?

After issuing the command as root and rebooting i see no result?
I figure it should display something on the screen while locked? Or what is LPM doing at all? Do i have to activate something additional?
Thx
I may have spoken too fast...

Right after reboot, it seems I got the expected behavior, which is like the Nokia "glance screen", (a copycat of the old N9 lowpower mode where the display would keep showing the date/time even locked) : when you uncover the proximity sensor, the display shows time, date and unread mails/sms/calls icons, same info as on the lock screen, but without background (minimalist text only, with as little pixels active as possible), for about 5 seconds.
I had this on the Jolla1 : just take it out of the pocket and it already shows you the basic info you need, without even touching it.

However, it seems it only last a short time (once?), as I don't get it anymore, and it looks like the power button wakes it up a bit slower than before.

I just rebooted, and it was back, but only once...

I need to make some more tests and reboots to check all that, and find a way to get logs.

I will keep you informed !

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I saw your Github issue about MMS last night. On my end the Proš is actually working perfectly (and I mean perfectly, while MMS were always failing 9 times out of 10 on Jolla, Jolla C, and Xperia X Compact with the same operator). So for me, the port actually works much better on that aspect.

Regarding sneak peek, I am using the patch called "Display Sneak Peek (LPM)" by Coderus in Patchmanager 3, which probably just integrates the mcetool command in the UI. I can't guarantee it's always working right away though, I got used to my Proš being slow to wake up sometimes (even with the Esc key). But for me right now, sneak peek works after 9 days of uptime.

The other one, that is problably on the sailfish side and not the port, is that the homescreen doesn't like screen rotations while in an app. It is easy to reproduce: open 4 apps, in homescreen in landscape. Then enter one of the app, switch back to portait, return to homescreen => it doesn't update the layout, so tries to show the 4 app widget on a single line, but only the 2 in the middle fit the screen.
I am not sure where this one should be reported (and first where to seach if it has already been reported/solved ...).
Yup, noticed that too. Usually rotating the phone fixes it, but it can be inconvenient to do since you need to close the keyboard before if you're using Taskswitcher to lock the orientation to landscape when keyboard is open (which everyone should do, no discussion!).

I don't know if it is related to the port. I mean, on one hand Lipstick stuff shouldn't be different on the port, but on the other hand I don't remember having this issue with my previous phones. Possibly because I was rotating them more often, instead of keeping them so much in landscape. But perhaps opening an issue to check would be relevant.

I know there is a patch now that forces the use of large covers, even when there are more than three. While this doesn't solve the issue, perhaps this could be a workaround? I haven't tried yet.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2020-08-11 at 14:36.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Regarding sneak peek, I am using the patch called "Display Sneak Peek (LPM)" by Coderus in Patchmanager 3, which probably just integrates the mcetool command in the UI.
Which patch is this? The only one I see by coderus on openrepos is last updated in 2015 and says it's for SFOS 1.1.9.28 only.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I probably installed it from the Patchmanager catalog directly.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Interesting, the one in the Patchmanager catalog also gives me the error "This file is not compatible with SailfishOS version!"

On another note, I'm very happy with the Bluetooth updates; my Pebble is finally working with my Pro1, which was one of the last things I was missing since switching from my Xperia X.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
You need to be brave and enable the 'developer mode' in settings. Then try to enable that patch again. On my XA2 it did/does not work at all (on Jolla1/C perfectly).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 222 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Prague
Pebble working on Pro1 with SFOS? If so TAKE MY MONEY!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glo-worm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yep, it works since BT got fixed. Also car audio/calls.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Kabouik, you Reserved space in second post of this thread.
Maybe it is time to use it to show off how feature complete the port already is?

Missing features:

- Double tap to wake
- FM-Radio
- RTC alarms (wake from alarm)
- Second (wide angle) back camera
*crickets*

Available features:

- Audio (Stereo speaker, Headphone)
- Bluetooth with all protocols supported
- Camera 4000x3000
- Camera on front
- Display
- Fingerprint Reader
- GPS
- GSM (voice, sms, mms, data 2G, 3G, 4G)
- Hardware Keyboard layout configurable via xkbd
- Hardware Keyboard backlight
- Hotspot
- LED
- NFC
- Sensors (ALS, PS, Accel., Gyro, Magne.)
- Touch
- USB (all modes, dev, mtp, charge)
- USB OTG
- Volume Keys
- Vibration
- Wifi 2,4GHz + 5GHz

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
fxtec pro1, sailfish os