Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Got a reply for my questions from Fx support in two days. Noticed that in the end of their reply is a disclaimer stating everything in the message is forbidden to share with any third party. So all I can say concerning talks here about missing news is that just wait a bit more.
I don't think a disclaimer at the end of an email is a legally binding contract.

Nevertheless, you are not allowed to share this post with any third party.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Got a reply for my questions from Fx support in two days. Noticed that in the end of their reply is a disclaimer stating everything in the message is forbidden to share with any third party. So all I can say concerning talks here about missing news is that just wait a bit more.
At least this proves they're alive and well.

They didn't say not to share your reaction so could you do that? A delay would be negative, a nothing 'still in production' neutral and something interesting positive?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
I asked in the community for an answer and Hook on Discord was told by FxTec support lately:

"The plan is to pre-install Gapps, and we've already done that for our pre-Christmas Pro1 X units that were shipped."

He asked them that question so he knows how to help a not so android-savy friend who also bought one.
Well that would actually mean I don't get a choice, right? Or has anyone ever tried removing already installed Gapps from LOS? And then, the LOS installed there would still not work with MicroG, so would have to reflash.

The Following User Says Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Thanks! That kirin release must be new, I'm sure it wasn't there back when I installed LOS.
I didn't look for "pro1", but for "fxtec-pro1", as I thought that was its codename, as reported on PostmarketOS wiki.
Do we know that a ROM that's made for the Pro1 will work on Pro1-X though? Also with the different editions with different storage and RAM.
Afaik, the chipset is identical, no?

The Following User Says Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I' m in a positive mood, that is why I said just wait a bit longer. I told them about missed news and can say they were aware of peoples need to here of them. Pretty sure they will share why there have been delays with news.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
I... Pretty sure they will share why there have been delays with news.
Hmm... Have we not already heavily used with delays from F(x)tec? There is no base for expectations that there will be no significant delays with Pro1 X...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Bummer. I have my birthday on march and thought to get the Pro X. Now estimated in august. Well 48mp sensor is nice. How much slower the new chip actually is? My first indiegogo. But I accept the delay. I support making dreams come true. How hard times they are going through. Must be hard.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Why add another 50 'In Demand' slots at the weekend knowing they couldn't deliver what was advertised? That's really not good, even worse than the adding 50 units at a time twice before 'fear of missing out' marketing which I hate.

The mainlined kernel was the best feature, keyboard second and external monitor third, now one's a long way off if it happens at all and one's gone.

An update a month ago "we're struggling to find chips" along with stopping taking orders and I'd have stuck with it but not sure now. I'm going to sleep on it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
To cover up extra expencies and meet the budget, I suppose. They are not charity workers but doing business.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Just got my email last night that due to the lack of chips my Pro 1 order I placed would be converted to a Pro 1X order (with my choice of colors!*) but pushed back to August with the rest of the Pro 1X campaign backers. They did say I would be first in line, having already placed an order (just) before the campaign started. Kinda bummed at delay, now even later than Purism prediction, and I'm less and less eager to get the Purism phone every day now that I've tried the Phosh thing.

Either that pinephone of mine is gonna have to get daily driver ready with Sailfish, or I'm gonna need something else for while. Because the Xperia X has become unusable due to multiple hardware issues. I've got the OnePlus One running UBPorts, and it's daily driver capable, I just would rather be on SFOS and leave the Ubuntu phone at home for playing around. I'm open to suggestions . . .

*Not a fan of funny colored phones. Told my family if I ever get a rose gold phone or a tattoo, they should take me for a psych eval stat.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:

Tags
expectations