Active Topics

Another bigass bugging feature...
Yeah Ive noticed i cant play back my own vids recorded with the internal camera LOL...
But since 1.3 it seems working. Lot of other movies doesnt. Just install mplayer+smplayer and leave that crap embedded media player.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Turku, Finland
Originally Posted by snubmoggy View Post
Anybody got a fix on this and where to remove the decoders-support from?

Even after installing to the latest PR1.2 firmware I still get this problem - it even happens on video I took on the N900 just hours before...

Thanks
Well if you haven't installed it then you dont have to worry of removing it but you can try by installing it coz it works fine for me.
here is how
go to terminal and type

sudo gainroot
apt-get install decoders-support

but in order for your N900 to play the video files make sure that the video files are not exceeding the res of 800 x 480 else you need to convert it through some video converter software like avs converter,,etc.

Good Luck,

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
This happened to me while my N900 was starving in the power kernel, solved by using the ULV power scheme.

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
This happened to me while my N900 was starving in the power kernel, solved by using the ULV power scheme.
what is ULV power scheme??

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
ULV power scheme is a config scheme for the powermanagment of the kernel.
I have had this problem as well, apparently it started when I added a couple of very large (2GB) video files to my collection, and seems to be gone since I removed them. It isnt a nice solution, but at least it makes it possible to play the smaller files.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Jakarta Pusat, Indonesia
Im use PR1.3 and want to play .flv files but i cant. media player not supported. I have install decoder support v0.4 and my video just 360p. Can anyone help me? if i use Mplayer, when the video play, voice and subtitle is incorrect.
Please Help Me

The Following User Says Thank You to DemonBreaker For This Useful Post: