Active Topics

It seems that my Gmail account is suffering an update bug for the N9. If I set Gmail account schedule to be always updated (i.e. receive a push email everytime I get a new message), sometime it does not update at all, even if I get several new email.

The email app just says "last updated 15 min ago"; I need to update it manually to receive new massages, while it is supposed to be updating by itself immediately as soon as Gmail server get a new message.

Has somebody's got the same issue?

This is really annoying since I do not want to set Gmail account through Mail for Exchange, but using the Gmail option available.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
I personally use imap access, it works perfectly (at least for me and until now) and seems to offer more options than the stock gmail access.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
Same here. Doesnt update.

This seemed to be a problem for me until I figured out all that peak time nonsense. And the settings on this phone are too spread out. They really need to simplify.

No problem with push gmail. Just make sure you set to always update for both peak and non-peak times.

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
No problem with push gmail. Just make sure you set to always update for both peak and non-peak times.
I'll try with you suggestion

Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
I personally use imap access, it works perfectly (at least for me and until now) and seems to offer more options than the stock gmail access.
So are you setting up a Gmail imap access from scratch? not using the Gmail access available?