Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Latest updates have definitively improved the usability, thanks.

I have two small feature requests.

Could you implement an option for continuous scrolling such as in a PDF reader so there will be no need to tap on the screen to change the page?
Already planed.

This together with swirl zoom and online repositories will probably be the main development focus after the competition.

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Second one, it's usual to have a collection of comics in which some of them are in CBR/CBZ format but also some are in PDF format. In that circumstance, when finishing a comic which is previous to a PDF document, the tap to open next comic is not working, obviously. Could you offer an option in that case, to open the PDF file with the external document reader or open the next valid file?
Bug noted, thanks ! BTW, I would like to eventually also add PDF support, but I have not yet been able to find a library that would make it possible to get separate pages from a PDF file and display them in QML. Even some command line tool that saves pages to PNGs would be enough.

Last edited by MartinK; 2012-09-20 at 09:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Do you like Mieru ? Don't forget to vote in the Maemo.org coding competition 2012 !
If you like Mieru & think it deserves your vote, please go ahead and vote for it in the Updates and development on existing apps category !

The voting opened yesterday (September 19th) and runs to 23:59 September 27th 2012, if you are eligible to vote (Maemo.org karma >=10), you should have already received the voting token to you email address. For further information how to vote, see the competition wiki page.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Poland
I'm unable to open any manga.
Output in terminal:
Code:
Open manga
Error calling slot "openManga" 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/mieru/gui/qml_gui.py", line 387, in openManga
    self.mieru.openManga(path, checkHistory=history)
  File "mieru.py", line 249, in openManga
    mangaState = self.getMangaStateFromHistory(path)
  File "mieru.py", line 333, in getMangaStateFromHistory
    entry = history.get(path, None)
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'get'
I'm using it on N900 with CSSU Testing, It behaves the same with QML and hildon gui's

Mieru version V2.4.15 git:e062afa

I was using it a lot earlier ( before QML gui times ) and it worked fine.

Also, at a time of writing this post, when mieru was in info view(where the version number is) and it sometimes segfaulted while I was writing in MicroB.

Great app BTW.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3clch4pawlakov For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 3clch4pawlakov View Post
I'm unable to open any manga.
Output in terminal:
Code:
Open manga
Error calling slot "openManga" 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/mieru/gui/qml_gui.py", line 387, in openManga
    self.mieru.openManga(path, checkHistory=history)
  File "mieru.py", line 249, in openManga
    mangaState = self.getMangaStateFromHistory(path)
  File "mieru.py", line 333, in getMangaStateFromHistory
    entry = history.get(path, None)
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'get'
I'm using it on N900 with CSSU Testing, It behaves the same with QML and hildon gui's

Mieru version V2.4.15 git:e062afa

I was using it a lot earlier ( before QML gui times ) and it worked fine.
Thanks ! Should be fixed in 2.4.17.

Also, at a time of writing this post, when mieru was in info view(where the version number is) and it sometimes segfaulted while I was writing in MicroB.
You mean when writing to an input field with the hardware/software keyboard ? I'll try to reproduce that.

Great app BTW.
Thanks !

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Poland
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Thanks ! Should be fixed in 2.4.17.
Yes, it is, thanks .
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
You mean when writing to an input field with the hardware/software keyboard ? I'll try to reproduce that.
I tested it now and It segfaults after minimising it several times when Microb is also running( with X Terminal it worked fine ). I did it quickly( with Ctrl+Backspace ), minimise --> return to app --> minimise --> ... so maybe that's the key.

EDIT: It segfaulted without microb, only with fast minimise --> maximise cycles. Although it took more time to segfault that way.

Last edited by 3clch4pawlakov; 2012-09-26 at 20:42.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3clch4pawlakov For This Useful Post:
can mieru handles online manga site like..mangastream , mangareader or angahere ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
Yes, it is, thanks .

I tested it now and It segfaults after minimising it several times when Microb is also running( with X Terminal it worked fine ). I did it quickly( with Ctrl+Backspace ), minimise --> return to app --> minimise --> ... so maybe that's the key.

EDIT: It segfaulted without microb, only with fast minimise --> maximise cycles. Although it took more time to segfault that way.
I'll see what can be done - but it looks more like a bug in the Maemo 5 Qt libraries than something directly Mieru related. I'll try to check out some other QML/Qt Components using applications if I can also get them to segfault like this.

Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
can mieru handles online manga site like..mangastream , mangareader or angahere ?
Not yet, but it is on the roadmap.

Last edited by MartinK; 2012-09-28 at 23:47.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
upgrading to 2.4.17 using Maemo app manager game conflicting package error:
pyside-qt4-core (<0.42-1maemo8)
pyside-qt4-gui (<0.42-1maemo8)
while Fapman isn't working at all
so i did:
apt-get install mieru
and it upgraded somoothly

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zazuge For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zazuge View Post
upgrading to 2.4.17 using Maemo app manager game conflicting package error:
pyside-qt4-core (<0.42-1maemo8)
pyside-qt4-gui (<0.42-1maemo8)
while Fapman isn't working at all
so i did:
apt-get install mieru
and it upgraded somoothly
Hmm, thats kinda weird - the only change in this update was splitting the Chinese localization to Simplified, Hong Kong & Taiwan variants. I haven't modified the dependencies in any way. So I would say this was probably caused by some (hopefully transient) repository/CSSU issue. But still thanks for reporting it - you never know what might help to identify some hard to spot but serious issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Feature request: using kinetic scrolling to change pages (with horizontal swipes), not just scroll the current page up and down.

I would also appreciate an option to turn the volume control shortcut for turning pages off. I prefer that the volume control controls volume, not whatever random thing the currently open app uses it for.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KFX For This Useful Post: